1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2006 8:48 AM by Newsgroup_User

please help get this to work....

hye1
      i've made an animation with about 10 different documents containing 2-3 scenes each. I don't know how to combine all the documents to get them to play together. I've tried making new scenes via copying and pasting frames but the library items get all messed up. i also can't seem to change a background color in a new scene of a document. i'm really stuck and i think this isn't a difficult fix but i am very new to all of this. please have a heart and take a minute if you can.
      thanks in advance.

boston, ma
        • 1. Re: please help get this to work....
          Level 7
          Hi there,

When you say 10 different documents, do you mean 10 different fla files
          (each with 2-3 scenes)? If that's the case, it's not too difficult to put
          them together, but it is a bunch of work. You're probably on the right
          track with copying and pasting all the frames from each scene into your
          "master" document. The library items are getting mixed up because they are
          named the same thing, so step one is probably to go through each fla and
          rename all the library items that are duplicated in other fla documents.
          The easiest way to do that is to add a number or letter to the end of each
          library item (i.e. change all the items in document 1 to "Symbol1a",
          "Symbol2a", etc and all the items in document 2 to "Symbol1b", "Symbol2b",
          etc.) That way they won't over write each other.

As for the background, you can't change the background colour of just one
          scene in a movie. You can add a new layer at the very bottom of all the
          other layers and on that layer put in a rectangle that is the new colour
          that you want. The rectangle should be the same size as the stage and
          placed in the exact middle. It'll look like the background is changed for
          that one scene.

I know that it is probably frustrating to hear this right now, but it sounds
          like a lot of these problems could be solved by pre-planning your project
          before you even begin. For example, working within one document. If you
          know what you want to have when you are finished before you even start, you
          can lay out the project more efficiently and not hit these snags.

As a final suggestion, I would recommend always naming the symbols that you
          create with a unique name. Don't ever use the default "Symbol1" and don't
          use a general name like "square" in multiple documents that you plan on
          joining together. The more specific you are the better.

Whew - that was longer than I intended. If I said a bunch of stuff that you
          already know, or if I made incorrect assumptions of what you have done, my
          apologies. Hope this all helps though.

"hye1" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e2jsef$488$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > i've made an animation with about 10 different documents containing 2-3
          > scenes
          > each. I don't know how to combine all the documents to get them to play
          > together. I've tried making new scenes via copying and pasting frames but
          > the
          > library items get all messed up. i also can't seem to change a background
          > color
          > in a new scene of a document. i'm really stuck and i think this isn't a
          > difficult fix but i am very new to all of this. please have a heart and
          > take a
          > minute if you can.
          > thanks in advance.
          >
          > boston, ma
          >