4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2006 9:11 PM by Newsgroup_User

Director Book

strodgers
      Can anyone recomend a book I can learn Director and lingo? the book I have now is not too good. It's a "Training from the source" book
      Thank You
        • 1. Re: Director Book
          Level 7
          Not too good! Why not??? Just wondering - some people seem to think it's
          great others not so much. Wondering what you don't like about it...

Anyway, the Macromedia Director MX2004 Bible gets consistently high marks
          from many.

--
          Dave -
          Adobe Community Expert
          www.blurredistinction.com
          www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/

• 2. Re: Director Book
            strodgers Level 1
            At least for me, it just seemed too confusing. Also I ran into a printing mistake.
            • 3. Re: Director Book
              Level 7
              Thanks for the explanation. There's an addendum on the web site that lists
              the errors and corrections. But either way, I hope the next book you get
              works better for you.

--
              Dave -
              Adobe Community Expert
              www.blurredistinction.com
              www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/

• 4. Re: Director Book
                Level 7

DMennenoh wrote:

> Not too good! Why not??? Just wondering - some people seem to think it's
                > great others not so much. Wondering what you don't like about it...

My guess is that with any book, the style of the book can suit some people
                but not others.

Srodgers - have a look at Amazon. Is a good way to see what books are out and
                there are often reviews. I find the 'Macromedia Director MX2004 Bible' is
                good as a reference but not good for learning. It is comprehensive but you
                have to know what you want to do.

For a very beginner level introduction the Visual Quickstart guides are good.
                They ususally just cover the basics so wouldn't go into Lingo in all that
                much detail.

regards
                Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant
                http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
                http://www.multimediacreative.com.au