5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 12:04 PM by Roei Tzoref

"Click Analyze to Begin." message won't go away in After Effects CC!

Studiobeanhead

I'm in adobe after effects cc on a mac, and finished my project and rendered it out and the "click to analyze wont go away. One footage layer I used a 3D tracker (two null objects are linked to), and another footage layer I used the rotobrush and refine effect. The "click to analyze to begin" will not go away and is rendering in my final .mov export! Please help! I am working on a tight deadline, for a tv show, this small clip is due this week for network!

Here is the link to the video rendering of what happened:

Private video on Vimeo

(password: test)

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 8.13.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-29 at 8.13.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-29 at 8.34.38 PM.png

• 1. Re: "Click Analyze to Begin." message won't go away in After Effects CC!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Apply the 3D tracker to a separate duplicate of your layer and hide it.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: "Click Analyze to Begin." message won't go away in After Effects CC!
            Studiobeanhead Level 1

that didn't work?

I also tried to delete the effect completely, still there. I feel like it has something to do with the rotobrush layer?

• 3. Re: "Click Analyze to Begin." message won't go away in After Effects CC!
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Improper workflow -

Camera Tracker - to be accurate - should be used on only the portion of a clip that will contain the 3D layers you are adding to a clip. Say you have someone walking down a sidewalk and they pass a doorway where you want to add a monster. The shot takes 15 seconds but the doorway is only in the shot for 5. Here's what you do:

Duplicate the shot in the Timeline (Ctrl/Cmnd + d) then trim the in and out point of the duplicate to just before the doorway comes into the shot using the Alt/Option + [ and Alt/Option +] keys, Add camera track to the trimmed copy and track the shot. When the track is complete set an origin and ground plane then add a Camera and solid or text in the doorway to check the accuracy of the shot. Then trim the camera and the 3D elements you added to cover just the part of the shot you tracked and delete the duplicate.

I did a shot not too long ago that was about 15 seconds long and there were 4 different elements that I needed to add as the camera moved through the scene. The scene was so complex that I didn't even try and Camera Track the entire shot. I even had to mask out about 60% of one 4 second bit to get the tracker to work on a pre-comp. When I was done I had 4 cameras and 4 3D layers in the shot that I used for 3 different C4D objects and a Trapcode TA0 effect. What sounds like more work is actually less because it took less time than trying to get a track of the whole thing to work. I had to do in one comp because the 3D elements overlap;ed each other by about 10 or 15 frames and there were environment maps to consider, but I normally would have just broken the shot down into 4 comps, rendered only the 3D elements without the background, then composited the 3D in the longer shot in Premiere Pro or in a master AE comp....

• 4. Re: "Click Analyze to Begin." message won't go away in After Effects CC!
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you frozen your Roto Brush work?

• 5. Re: "Click Analyze to Begin." message won't go away in After Effects CC!
                  Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

it looks like you have an order problem in your project/workflow.

it's supposed to be this type of workflow:

Footage layer - you apply 3D Camera and create your nulls and solids and what not

Duplicate of the Footage layer - you place it on top of the Footage layer and apply ONLY the RotoBrush to it.

meaning there should not be Rotobrush and 3D CameraTracker on the same layer.

there is one layer that's obviously with the 3D Camera effects that's asking you to Analyze it.

maybe a duplicate you did not notice? the 3D Camera Tracker effect is not needed once you created a Camera and Null and you can turn it off or even delete it if you are done. so if you don't have the effect turned on - I believe the Analyze screen will go away.

if all else fails - there is even a switch in the 3D Camera Tracker effect to turn off the Analyze screen named "Hide Warning Banner"