15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 8:41 PM by Brucgovn

Re-download Challenge

jang8097018

Have migrated to newer Macbook Pro. When trying to open PS on new laptop, message pops up indicating PS is damaged and needs re-installing.  Even after logging into the Adobe account (have an active PS CC membership) and navigating to, what I think is, the appropriate page...only options are to download a trial version or buy.  Where oh where is the right place to just discover the Download icon? Thanks for any guidance.

• 1. Re: Re-download Challenge
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Download/install the desktop application, sign in, install the subscription application(s).

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html

• 2. Re: Re-download Challenge
            jang8097018 Level 1

The CC app migrated during the transfer. Should I uninstall that and download again??

• 3. Re: Re-download Challenge
              Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

Did you migrated the apps using Migration Assistant?

If yes , I recommend to perform complete manual removal of all Adobe related folders and start with fresh installation.

Licensing and other important files will be created as per particular Machine ID / Time and Date settings , if you migrate from one device to another or backup using Time Machine , it will always cause issues.

I had mentioned steps for complete manual removal in below link :

Installation Failed

Note : You may perform ,manual removal only if you had migrated apps from other devices or installed using backup utilities.

• 4. Re: Re-download Challenge
                jang8097018 Level 1

I've uninstalled all Adobe apps.  When I sign in, go to the Download Desktop Apps page, Photoshop (which I subscribe to) only has "Download trial" as an option.  Also, I purchased Acrobat Pro and can't discover how to download that again. Am suspecting this shouldn't be so difficult. What do I need to do to get this back on track? Much appreciate the assist.

• 5. Re: Re-download Challenge

1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
                  2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.

/etc

3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.it

4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit,

Let us know whether you can see any Adobe related entries inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc??

• 6. Re: Re-download Challenge

Also did you renamed/removed all the folders mentioned in the manual removal procedure?

• 7. Re: Re-download Challenge
                      jang8097018 Level 1

Did remove the files as instructed.  But...in your message to dive into the Go To Folder, you refer to a command to type in.  Sorry to divulge I didn't see a command to type in. Is it right in front of me??

• 9. Re: Re-download Challenge
                        jang8097018 Level 1

DOINK!  Thanks for pointing out the command.  here's what inside the HOST:

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1    localhost

255.255.255.255    broadcasthost

::1             localhost

• 10. Re: Re-download Challenge

Have you removed Adobe folders from ~/Library/Application Support and /Library/Application Support ?

~/Library = User Library

/Library = System Library.

Make sure that you had deleted both Adobe folders.

• 11. Re: Re-download Challenge
                            jang8097018 Level 1

They're gone now.  This must be a pain for you since you could fix this in your sleep. But am glad you're awake to help out.  Now what?

• 12. Re: Re-download Challenge

That's okay.

If you didn't trashed the folders earlier while removing al Apps  and Now , if you had removed 2 Adobe folders from ~/Library/Application Support and /Library/Application Support.

Also , again remove all Adobe Apps from Applications folder .

Under Aplpications > Utilities , trash below listed folders.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Application Manager

Adobe Utilities.

Adobe Installers.

Run Adobe Cleaner tool and select Clean all option.

Then re-install Creative Cloud app and check.

Jang,

Why those 2 Adobe folders under User and System Library has to be renamed / trashed , becoz Your User login cache info will be stored under ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ OOBE .

User login cache info holds your Adobe user account info, which will as per previous device from which you migrated the applications.

Under /Library/Application Support / Adobe .  Adobe licensing files will be present and the files info/ creation will be as per previous device from which you migrated the applications.

Hence , when you wish to perform complete removal  ,it is necessary to rename Adobe folders from both Libraries.

If you face any difficulties or confusion , I strongly recommend to contact Adobe Support . they will certainly assist you with the troubleshooting , also they can take remote access session and fix the issue for you.

Click on Still need help button and select Chat option .

Contact Customer Care

Ask for Technical Support .

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

• 13. Re: Re-download Challenge
                                jang8097018 Level 1

Much thanks for your time today.  Got Acrobat Pro re-loaded.  Now can't seem to find a way to get PS back down.  Will check Q&A section.  Enjoy your weekend.

• 14. Re: Re-download Challenge
                                  jang8097018 Level 1

FYI: Got everything downloaded.  Seemed clearing off the last two folders cleared the way. All good.

• 15. Re: Re-download Challenge

Glad to hear that

You are most welcome.