3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2006 8:28 PM by Newsgroup_User

Director and PowerPoint

vislaw
      I am more than happy to buy a third-party product if necessary for this. My objective is to call a PowerPoint presentation from within Director and then after the PowerPoint finishes to return to my Director presentation. If someone is a maven on this topic I would be most grateful to hear from you.

Mark Johnson
      vislaw@earthlink.net
        • 1. Re: Director and PowerPoint
          Level 7
          You can use Buddy API. It has a "wait" parameter in its baRunProgram()
          method that will effectively stop a projector in its tracks until the
          externally launched application is quit.
          Is you file a PowerPoint show or document (pps/ppt), and if a document
          are you planning on including PPView32.exe with your distribution?
          • 2. Re: Director and PowerPoint
            vislaw Level 1
            Thanks for the suggestion. My project is for a courtroom presentation. Another vendor has created the PowerPoint presentation and the client has asked me to integrate it into my presentation so that it launches, finishes and then returns to my presentation.

Mark
            • 3. Re: Director and PowerPoint
              Level 7
              > Thanks for the suggestion. My project is for a courtroom presentation. Another
              > vendor has created the PowerPoint presentation and the client has asked me to
              > integrate it into my presentation so that it launches, finishes and then
              > returns to my presentation.

OK, but that doesn't really answer what I was asking.
              Is it a self-contained show, or does the file require PowerPoint or a
              viewer application in order to run? The reason I ask is that if it's
              self-contained it's a single line of code to run it and have director
              wait until it's finished before executing the very next line of code