2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 9:35 PM by vineet Chauhan

Indesign

Julie Bernett

Every time I want to open a previously created indesgin copy or indesgin at all a windows box telling me its encountered a problem and closes it down. I installed an update two days ago. Do I have to uninstall and re-install?

• 1. Re: Indesign
          BarbBinder Adobe Community Professional

You can start by trashing your preferences, but yes, I'd say that's the second step.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

• 2. Re: Indesign
            vineet Chauhan Adobe Employee

Hello,

We are aware of the issue where InDesign crashes on launch while working with Library files saved on a network location.

We are working towards the resolution of the issue and for now, please try the workaround that we have identified.

As a workaround, please follow the steps given below:

Clear InDesign Cache by either renaming the Cache folder or by deleting it altogether. (Renaming of the folder is preferred)

Cache folder location: -

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\

Windows 7 or 10: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

Also, if your workflow requires to work with Library (.indl) placed on network, please make sure that you close the library panel before quitting InDesign.

Regards

Vineet

(InDesign Engineering Team)