2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 8:18 AM by Paul_McD

Script a process

Paul_McD

Hi,

I am looking to find a script to do the following. Take selected text frames and divide them into single lines (I found divide text frame online), then take each selected text box and follow the following process to each,

Get selected text items

(divideTextFrame)

Create Outlines

Make Compound Path

Fill Black

Scale Proportionally to 100mm high.

I found divide text frame by accident and now I know about scripting in illustrator I would love to explore its potential.

Any help you can give me would be massively appreciated.

I found other scripts online that do tasks similar to parts of my process

divideTextFrame

resize-height.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Best Regards,

Paul

• 1. Re: Script a process
          Silly-V Adobe Community Professional

Welcome to your new scripting journey! If you stick with it, you will emerge as a very handy scripter given some days/weeks/months/years of practice!
          You can get started by alerting the name of the active document like this:

var doc = app.activeDocument;

alert(doc.name);

• 2. Re: Script a process
            Paul_McD Level 1

Hi

thanks for replying i have managed to get so far by combining various free scripts online, I have zero scripting knowledge and trying to edit free scripts usually results in breaking them. all i need to do now is resize a group of objects so each group is 100mm high (283.465 pts), then take each of those groups and change them into a compound path.

Any help you can give me or if you can recommend anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Paul