11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2017 3:27 PM by Creative.Collab

I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?

adimu Level 1

Hi, I am about to cancel my Adobe stock subscription today, but I still have 33 unclaimed images. Can I still claim them at any point in time after I cancel my subscription? I'm still subscribed to Adobe CC, I'm just cancelling Adobe Stock Subscription.

Thank you very much !

• 1. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?
          Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi there

Please check the FAQ: Common Questions, Adobe Stock

If I cancel my membership, can I still use any unused licenses in my account?

No. You can use your available licenses as long as your membership is active, but you forfeit any unused licenses upon cancellation of your membership.

Thanks

Bev

• 2. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?
            adimu Level 1

Aren't they already paid for? I get 10 images per month, and these are unused images from the previous months..

• 3. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?

You would need to use them prior to cancelling as they're only available to use while the subscription is active.

Thanks

Bev

• 4. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?
                adimu Level 1

Yes, I see it now. If I switch my subscription to 1 image per month, will I still lose my 33 unused images?

• 5. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?

We don't offer a 1 image per month subscription I'm afraid.  You can get single images on demand only.

Thanks

Bev

• 6. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?
                    vascod2553561 Level 1

I forgot to cancel my 30 day trial, so based on the information given to me by an Adobe representative, that the images will be mines forever I finished out my year, yes, almost $400 Now my subscription is canceled, and I an now learning that I will loose access to my 120 PAID FOR images that I never downloaded.  This is ridiculous, and need to be told to all my PPA, NYIP, Facebook, flickr, and several photo club friends and members.  This is an absolute ripoff!!!  I don't use or need 10 downloads a month, but I thought it would be nice to bank them for when I do need them.  Your customer support is horrible!!!  Please ALL SPREAD THE WORD!

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?
                      adimu Level 1

Hi Ms Beverly,

As  you already know from the thread, I've been trying to get my adobe stock subsciption cancelled, the problem is that I got renewed once again for a new contract without getting notified. The contract according to the records were renewed again  Feb12- Would it still be possible for me to cancel my subscription without having any termination fee??

Thank you

• 8. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?

Hi adimu

I have replied to the message you sent me regarding this.

Thanks

Bev

• 9. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?
                          GotCoolStyle

I had the same thing happen to me last month. I had 120 photos that I had not downloaded yet and I cancelled my subscription.

I talked to someone in Adobe in chat and they suggested that I buy another subscription and cancel it in a month so that I could get my photos that i paid for the previous years subscription. I did what they said and....

Well I just received a bill from my credit card for $223.00 Canadian. I contacted Adobe about this and after an a long conversation with them and giving them the transcripts from the last conversation a month ago, they still said I owe this from cancelling my subscription.

I just never expected something like this from a company like Adobe. I am a graphic designer and have had many stock photo accounts over the years and never had anything like this happen.

I have found that with most large companies they are more than willing to resolve.

I 100% believe that I was conned into renewing that subscription.

This is a type of fraud. I know that adobe does not believe that but many of the people that work for them do.

I was going to have my credit card company remove the charges but I am afraid that I will loose my Creative Cloud subscription if I do.

I am now in fear of Adobe. Is that crazy or what? They have me by the b#lls.

• 10. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?
                            jakobb86855237 Level 1

Same thing here... tried for a month, didn't get notified, tried to cancel but the bill I was going to pay was too large at the time.

My subscription would end 6th of June so I thought I'd be smart to cancel it today and still have my 63 license to use.

My cancellation mail from Adobe proclaimed that my subscription would end 5th of June.

And still they charged me 50% of the remaining days.

It still says I've got 63 licenses but I don't dare to license any images in case Adobe will charge for it.

Guess I'm screwed like the rest of you.

And besides, when should you cancel your subscription? Seems like you get charged until that very day your subscription ends? Then they would probably hook you up for another year!

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: I am cancelling my Adobe Stock, what happens to my unclaimed images?
                              Creative.Collab Level 1

I was a previous Dollar Photo Club member; prior to Adobe buying them out.  I was grandfathered in for the year at $10/mo for 10 images.

After getting charged my first $30/mo I contacted support via live chat to cancel.  I also inquired about my credits (I had approx. 137 at that time).  I wasn't impressed that I would lose something I had already been paying for and I didn't have 137 images that I wanted to download at that time.

I advised the rep that if that were the case Adobe could refund me $137 or allow me to keep my credits.  The rep, in a recorded transcript (which I have copies of), told me that if ANY credits fell off, that I could contact Adobe support and they would add them back; even without being on an active subscription.

The following month after cancellation I lost approx. 78 credits (kept 50) and so far I have had contacted support twice, and escalated the issue as they refuse to add my missing credits back despite having a chat transcript from their own support staff; which I attach to each live chat I initiate.  Escalations just give a canned "We won't give your credits" response.

The last rep that I spoke to said they would only give my credits back if I was on an active plan.  They told me to sign up for a trial, they would give me the credits, I use them all within the trial period and then cancel and not get charged.  The rep confirmed that I can continue to use my credits that are not tied to a plan and said that none of those 50 should expire (unless I use them) for a few months but could not give me an exact date... seriously?  Can't even tell if/when credits will fall off...

Honestly, with that sort of answer why would they not just re-add or reimburse the credits.  It's a greedy ploy to get customers to pay a new subscription and if you don't cancel you're locked for another year.

Despite having chat transcripts to prove my case Adobe still refuse to do anything regarding this and I'm literally appalled by these unethical business practices, borderline fraud and I'm looking into what further action that I can take regarding this matter.

Clearly chat transcripts mean nothing and their support staff appear to lie to avoid confrontation regarding pre-paid licenses.

2 people found this helpful