1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 6:56 AM by Laubender

Having problems with pdf files, Adobe says it is my email system. It is not my email system.

JanJan22 Level 1

I'm having problems creating pdf files from InDesign CC. They look fine on my end, but when I email them, the recipient cannot print the file correctly in regard to position on the page. I spent many HOURS on the phone with Adobe technician. She said it was "bad" compression on the part of my email handler. Email handler says it is not their fault. I'm ready to cancel my new subscription.

[Moved from the general, non-support Forum Lounge to a more product-specific support forum - Mod]

• 1. Re: Having problems with pdf files, Adobe says it is my email system. It is not my email system.
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

( Hi Mod—move it on to the "regular" InDesign user-to-user forum, please: InDesign . This one here is InDesign Scripting. Thank you. )

Hi JanJan,

you can check, if your mail system is the culprit, if you zip the PDFs and mail the zip files to your customer.

What I do not understand is the "recipient cannot print the file correctly in regard on position on the page"-part.

"Position on the printed page" may be a problem of the desktop printer itself, the available paper size and the used driver settings or printing settings in Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro.

Regards,
          Uwe