7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 1:54 PM by ultfris05

InDesign crashes when adding a drop shadow

ultfris05

Hello,

I am working with InDesign CC 2015. I updated the program a few weeks ago to its most current version. Since the update, when I add drop shadows to photos, the program will crash. (Note: it doesn't crash EVERY time I add a drop shadow. I can usually get in one or two before it dies.) Here are some troubleshooting things I have already tried. Does anyone have a better solution? Thanks!

• After the first crashes I tried restarting my computer. (Windows 7 Enterprise OS.) This solved the problem for the rest of the day, but the next day it started crashing again.
      • I thought the file I was working on might be corrupted, so I started a brand new document. But that document crashed when I added the drop shadows to photos.
      • I tried resetting my InDesign preferences by hitting Shift+Ctrl+Alt at startup. Still crashed!

If it's helpful, here is the information Adobe provided:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             InDesign.exe

Application Version:                           11.4.0.90

Application Timestamp:                     574c8600

Fault Module Name:                          Public.dll

Fault Module Version:                        11.4.0.90

Fault Module Timestamp:                  574c84e4

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Offset:                                000000000007d344

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  ef2e

Additional Information 2:                  ef2ed0c15e0f09f7bc90322a3190d3ca

Additional Information 3:                  365e

Additional Information 4:                  365eda2a6d8bc1ffdd89798b3a15e6fb

Thank you for any help you can provide!