A few weeks ago I was working with Adobe Animate to create an animation. I have an wacom intuos pro tablet, which I use for animation. I like the tablet quite a bit, but I figured it might be easier to use a screen tablet. I did not want to invest a lot of money into a new tablet with a screen, so I tried looking at applications for the iPad that I could use to mirror my screen. I used an app called "GoToMyPC" (I am using a PC) to mirror my screen on the ipad. When I started mirroring, the screen on my computer changed aspect ratio, which I thought was normal. The app was extremely laggy so I stopped using it and quit adobe animate. My screen resized back to 1920x1080 once I quit "GoToMyPC". I launched adobe animate again, but it seemed to still be configured for the smaller aspect ratio. Because of this, my mouse is not tracked accurately in the program and it is basically impossible to use. I looked all over the forums and couldn't see anyone who had this problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program as well as creative cloud several times, but to no avail. I also tried updating my PC to windows 10, to see if that would fix it. Adobe animate is still unusable. None of my other adobe programs are having this issue. I would greatly appreciate some help.
I'm not sure if I understand your question here, but using GotoMyPC should not have done anything permanent to Animate in any way. That would be like plugging in a usb drive changed the sound levels!
You did not say what type of PC you were using, or which version of OS but I would suspect it's a laptop and possibly high DPI and if that's the case then you might have to go to your Display settings and change the screen to look good on high density display.
If your problem is specifically with Animate, simply creating a new file should fix that. If not you can right click on the file you already have open and change the dimensions of the file by selecting Stage Properties and changing thew file to 1920x1080
the problem isn't that the aspect ratio of the file changed, the problem is that animate changed it's configuration/settings to accomadate a smaller screen resolution, so it could fit on the screen of my iPad (maybe aspect ratio was the wrong term). the problem is that the configuration of animate didn't change back once I disconnected the ipad. I am using a desktop PC btw, I am running Windows 10.