1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2006 4:31 AM by Newsgroup_User

photoshop and fireworks

lovrat
      Hi there,

i have designed a website in photoshop; imported it into fireworks but i'm having problems with the type. it is editable but the frame in which it sits within is very strange, it doesnt go around the outside of the text, it kind of cuts down the middle and when i move the outer frame it changes all the justification on the type, really frustrating. i've checked the import settings in the preferences but i cant work out where i'm gonig wrong!! can anyone help???

matt

lustofvision@msn.com
        • 1. Re: photoshop and fireworks
          Level 7
          lovrat wrote:
          > Hi there,
          >
          > i have designed a website in photoshop; imported it into fireworks but i'm
          > having problems with the type. it is editable but the frame in which it sits
          > within is very strange, it doesnt go around the outside of the text, it kind of
          > cuts down the middle and when i move the outer frame it changes all the
          > justification on the type, really frustrating. i've checked the import settings
          > in the preferences but i cant work out where i'm gonig wrong!! can anyone
          > help???

The bounding box around the text is set by the font itself. If it was
          built with the ascenders, for example, outside the character box for
          that font, you'll see it cut off in Fireworks. You could fix the problem
          in Fontographer (or another font creation app). Otherwise, convert the
          text to paths.

--
          Linda Rathgeber ACE ::: PVII
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm