2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 10:38 PM by ssprengel

Getting error message "This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 9.3 for full compatibility"

patrickfallonnz

Hi all,

I'm hoping somebody out there can help me with a small but annoying Lightroom/Photoshop issue.  (I have seen a similar post on the topic here but it was for an earlier version of Photoshop Camera Raw and the answers didn't help me).

Whenever I choose Edit in > Photoshop in Lightroom to edit a file I get the error message "This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in verson 9.3 for full compatibility".  Now, I know I can get Lightroom to render the file or hit continue and either way will get the job done.  But I'd like to fix whatever is causing this.  I'm on a Mac running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5, I have Lightroom 6.3 (says Camera Raw 9.3 in the About Lightroom section) and I'm using Photoshop CS6 13.0.6 x64.  I have tried clicking on Help > Update in both Lightroom and Photoshop but this has not solved the problem.  I have also tried following the instructions on the Adobe website to manually update the Camera Raw plugin that is meant to be located in (from memory) Library (root folder) > Application Support > Adobe > Plugins but I don't have a Plugins folder (and yes I am looking in the Library under the root folder, not under my user name).

Any tips!