Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing graphic to Web Help. RH7

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all:

I am working in a technical manual project which we prepared in Microsoft Word 2007. We recently bought Adobe Robohelp 7 in order to create a Web Help for our system.

After importing a 200 pages manual with several graphics (GIF) into a Web Help project, we can see the whole manual at RH 7 project, but the graphics are missing, we just see the caption that was below each graphic. In some cases (after re-importing the word file), the image folder was created but no images were inside the project view. In some other cases, the image folder was simply not there at all.

I tried deleting the images folder and re-create it, but it did not help. I also tried importing the graphics into the project folder but I can not find a way to do so.

When I went to the windows explorer and navigate to the project folder, I notice the images folder was there and all graphics were inside. Why they are not imported into the project...

Any help will be greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Rafael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009
Dear Peter:

Thank you, but we were able to solve it today.

The solution, we copied the whole manual to a new word file using copy-paste command, saved it as test.docx and tried to import it again in RH 7. Now the imported document is OK, with all graphics displaying properly.

We can't send the manual out of the office since its confidential.

Take care.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2009 Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this and it is usually easy to fix.The fact that you have been deleting folders may upset the fix.

If the folder you saw in Windows Explorer was showing in RH Project Manager, then renaming the folder can magically make all the images show. Then you can restore the original name.

If the folder did not show in Project Manager, then creating it there will cause the images to appear as well.

Try those and post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:

Hello!

We made a new project in RH 7 and imported another manual in Word file .docx format again. As previously, the images folder appeared there but there were no images inside the folder in the RH 7.
Then we rename it as you instructed, but the images did not show there. Anyway, we renamed it back to the original name. Again, the images did not show at all.

Do you have any other idea?
Is there any limit on the size of the images, or the number of images we can import? We have around 70 images in the file, they are 30 - 50 kb in size each. Format jpg and png.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be willing to send me the document?

If you are, send it via my site with a link to this thread. It's late here now but I should be able to try importing it myself tomorrow.

Please send it in both docx and doc format.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Dear Peter:

Thank you, but we were able to solve it today.

The solution, we copied the whole manual to a new word file using copy-paste command, saved it as test.docx and tried to import it again in RH 7. Now the imported document is OK, with all graphics displaying properly.

We can't send the manual out of the office since its confidential.

Take care.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp