1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 1:09 AM by vineet Chauhan

InDesign Crashes when I try to package simple files

Wildmary

Good day All, I've read a few discussions thus far, but no one really seems to have found the correct solution.

I can't seem to get InDesign to package simple files(2 pages- minimum images). Even with Larger files this issue occurs(it shows up as a package and then about 5min -crash!!).

All elements(file names) are free from special characters that InDesign will pick up as a problem, also no illegal fonts etc.

In previous versions I never had these problems, from 2 pages to 80 pages, InDesign was always fine up until the CC 2015 update.

Please help me resolve this, its a very frustrating issue!!

Thank you

• 1. Re: InDesign Crashes when I try to package simple files
          vineet Chauhan Adobe Employee

Hello Wildmary,

Please try again with clean cache and preferences.

Clear InDesign Cache and Preferences by either renaming the Cache/Preferences folder or by deleting it altogether. (Renaming of the folder is preferred)

Preferences folder location: -

Windows : C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>

Cache folder location: -

Windows : C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

If this doesnot work as well, please share with me a sample file on which you are facing this issue.

Mail ID: Vinchauh@adobe.com 

Regards

Vineet

InDesign Team