• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Captivate 9 on different computers with same license?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers I use, my desktop and laptop.  I have installed Captivate CS4 on these two computers.  Can you do the same with Captivate 9?  I want to be sure before I purchase or subscribe.

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

CS4 never had Captivate on board, creative suites never included Captivate?

You can install Captivate 9 on two systems, provided you use only one at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 never had Captivate on board, creative suites never included Captivate?

You can install Captivate 9 on two systems, provided you use only one at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer.  I'm not sure what you were referring to with Captivate CS4.  Are you saying there was no Captivate CS4 program if I'm understanding you correctly?  That would not be a true statement as I used that version and still have the application installed on my computer, as part of the Adobe eLearning Suite.  Anyway . . .  thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there has been a version 4 of Captivate, but CS stands for Creative Suite. Captivate was never part of any creative suite; for a while long time ago there was an eLearning Suite (last version was with Captivate 6, there was never an eLearning Suite 4), which did never use the acronym CS, reserved for Creative Suites (containing Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, to mention only some of the applications). I will never post a statement where I'm not totally sure about what I wrote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources