3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 5:15 AM by kjkghfg

Lightroom CC 2015.6 release  VERY SLOW!

kjkghfg Level 1

Hi guys,

I am using Lightroom CC 2015.6 release with Camera RAW 9.6 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I have pretty decent rig: i7 6950X (10 cores), Asus Strix Radeon 1080 GTX, 64 GB 3200 RAM, SSD on PCI.  "Use graphics processor" is enabled in my LR preferences, but I don't see a significant different when it's off.

First of all it takes LR about 3-4 seconds per image to build 1:1 previews, which means several hours if I have several thousands images from a shoot.

When I try to preview some of the images at 100% and move between them quickly it works just fine for maybe 5 minutes and then it starts slowing down: it takes LR seconds to create each preview and also seconds to move between images. By the way the previews are 3840px in size and medium quality.

In Task Manager I can see that initially after starting LR is using only 5-10% of my CPU resources and about 2-5GB of RAM, but after few minutes the RAM usage increases to 15-20GB and that's when LR becomes really slow. It seems like it keeps every single previewed image in the memory and doesn't release it to the system when I close the preview.

I also tried some other software to compare and all other programs were significantly faster (Aftershot Pro is the fastest, followed by DXO Optics Pro and Capture One),

so it seems this issue is strictly related to the software and not to my hardware at all. Also, I noticed this after one of the recent updates, so I am wondering if relling back to one of the earlier versions could help.

Any ideas how to improve my experience with the latest edition of LR?

I am really scared, because I really don't have time to wait for the software when working on thousands of images every week.

Your reply will be appreciated. Thanks!