10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 5:02 AM by Drdubb

Renders then doesnt render

Drdubb

I'm  an infrequent user with elements 10 on a mac.I just produced a video for upload to YouTube. No problem. A few days later, similar video, no joy. Stops rendering at about 30%. I went back and tried the first video. It uploaded fine.

What differences should I look for?

I did use part.of the first video in the second by doing a save as and changing the name.

• 1. Re: Renders then doesnt render
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not quite sure what is going on but to get the terminology correct, might need to rephrase the issue.

Getting video files into Elements is called importing or ingesting.

Getting video files onto Youtube is called uploading.

Rendering means making the red or yellow line in the  timeline green.

Getting an output file is called exporting (or sharing).

• 2. Re: Renders then doesnt render
            Drdubb Level 1

Thanks for the clarification. Whenever I tried to upload the second video to YouTube, (about 30%)the video would be truncated at the same point. I also tried saving to the hard drive, but it would eventually quit with an error message. The prior video was successful and was essentially the same in terms if size, file sources etc. I was just trying to figure out what I may have done inadvertently to the second video. I had some .jpeg vrs. .jpg files as the only noticable difference. My hard drive has about 425 gig open.

• 3. Re: Renders then doesnt render

Youtube can be a bit of a pita.

If you have Photoshop resave the jpegs from the harddrive. If all is well they will update on the timeline and export again.

Export to mp4 and upload manually to YT.

• 4. Re: Renders then doesnt render
                Drdubb Level 1

I went back and started rebuilding the video. Stopping at the end of sections and then trying to import to YT. The first time, i got 1:14 of the video into YT. I noticed that the breakpoint was at a transition between to video files.  I fiddled with that and tried again. I got as far as 2:46, again stopping at a transition, but this time, between two jpg files. I used the cross at all transitions, but at both of these, the dissolve would not straddle both files. Could this be related to the problem?

• 5. Re: Renders then doesnt render

Try a different export setting.

Devices/custom/advanced settings

Quicktime with H.264

• 6. Re: Renders then doesnt render
                    Drdubb Level 1

Tried the QT solution....at about 40% rendering, compiling error. Tried exporting mpeg last night and had the same problem.

• 7. Re: Renders then doesnt render

Is starting over a big issue?

• 8. Re: Renders then doesnt render
                        Drdubb Level 1

I have once already. I was rebuilding the video today, one section at a time. Rendering for YT kept stopping at one point. I deleted one of the video clips and it seemed to work. It rendered 100% for YT. I added the last section and it went back to stop rendering at about the 2:39 minute mark. It is at the same transition point.

As of now....i will not let this thing beat me. Open to suggestions.

• 9. Re: Renders then doesnt render

Have you done the re-save jpeg thing?

• 10. Re: Renders then doesnt render
                            Drdubb Level 1

I went and redid the video in I movie. Never used it before, but I got the video done. I don't have photoshop.

I'm  old man motorcyclist and just finished my bucket list ride out west. I was trying to create videos for myself and friends. I've had Adobe elements 10 for years, first time I've had problems.