I am using RH7 and I am currently updating an existing Online
Help system. The index was created a while ago and has a
substantial amount of keywords and subkeywords. However, I added a
new subkeyword to an existing keyword and when I went to proof the
index after generating the .chm, I noticed the keyword affected was
missing, along with all of its keywords.
I looked for some keywords I had not added subkeywords to and
saw that they were missing to.
This project was originally an X5 project and was converted a
few months ago. I have converted two other projects but have not
seen any differences with the index.
Has anyone else had this issue or knows of a glitch with the
conversion process that causes this to happen?
I just installed all three of the updates, closed out RH7,
restarted my laptop, opened RH& and regenerated the CHM file,
and unfortunately, some of the keywords and subkeywords are still
Another computer in my group has the same Online Help system
but two versions back-the RH file has never been opened in RH7 on
that computer, only X5, our former version.
We have now noticed that not only are some
keywords/subkeywords missing, but there are some keywords now
showing subkeywords that did not do so before. The Index that I am
looking at in the Design View is correct-the generated CHM is not.
It is looking more and more like something occured with the
conversion of the project from X5 to 7 because I just checked two
other projects that were converted and they are having the exact