A very odd delay occures when my application loads a
.dcr-file and the WLAN radio is turned on. The delay lasts for
several seconds (typical 5 to 8 sec.) and is nowhere to be found
when the radion is deactivated. When using the wired network all
appears normal. I've tested the program on several portabels, but
always with the same result.
At last we found the sinner: A 3d-party add-on for
controlling mpegs in Director. It was originally created for
Director up to ver. 8 but didn't return any error messages when
used on more recent versions. We still don't know the details on
what's causing the delay, but installing the newest version of the
add-on solved the problem. I suppose the lesson learned must be
"Keep track of your ad-ons. They could become unstable rather than
not working at all".