3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 8:21 AM by Szalam

Missing effects?

Tatsuba

Hey! I just recently installed Adobe AE and I'm completely new to it. I downloaded a video template and when i open it, it says

"After Effects Warning: This project contains references to missing effects. Please install the following effects to restore these references."

The list is this:

DE_Skew

Form

Looks

RSMB

S_Glow

S_Shake

S_WarpRepeatS_WarpWaves
      Shine

Is there any way of getting these?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Missing effects?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Is there any way of getting these?

Sure. You buy them. They are all commercial effects - Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks, Trapcode Form and Shine, GenArts Sapphire, RevisionFX RSMB, Digieffects Skew. For some of them you can get by with the demos, but most of them will render watermarks/ protective overlays. Otherwise you may want to find a different template that is less heavy on third-party plug-ins.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Missing effects?
            zacharysmithyt

how and where do you buy them?

• 3. Re: Missing effects?
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

zacharysmithyt  wrote

how and where do you buy them?

You can get them from a third-party reseller like ToolFarm or via the companies' websites directly. Magic Bullet Looks, Trapcode Form, and Trapcode Shine are all available via Red Giant Software. GenArts Sapphire is available from GenArts, Revision FX ReelSmart Motion Blur is available from Revision FX. DigiEffects Skew is from DigiEffects.