5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2016 10:15 PM by jakec19500137

Removing shine from forehead in clip

jakec19500137

Does anyone know how to remove a shiny forehead for my video? I can't seem to figure it out and am just learning AE. I slightly move my body throughout the clip, but not too much if that makes a difference. I tried to clone stamp and it didn't work. Any help would be really appreciated!!!!

• 1. Re: Removing shine from forehead in clip
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without seeing your clip nobody can advise specifically and well, as per your own admission, if you are just a beginner there seems little point in posting longwinded explanations that you may not understand. You would have to explain your "it didn't work", anyway. Sorry to be blunt, but this is the most useless statement you can make to solicit help. We simply don't know what you may have done/ tried so far.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Removing shine from forehead in clip
            jakec19500137 Level 1

Thanks for the response. I understand that wasn't very detailed. Here is a screenshot from my clip. I am standing still while people are passing around me. I was told by someone to try a clone stamp on the light areas of the head and couldn't match the color well/ didn't know how to track the slight movements so it stays on the same spot throughout the clip. If you have a recommendation on the best approach to this issue that would be great. Assuming I know very little about the program, perhaps there is a color correction tweak I can apply or something that isn't too intensive for repairing it. ThanksScreen Shot 2016-07-04 at 12.55.34 AM.png

• 3. Re: Removing shine from forehead in clip
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I wouldn't bother with cloning at all. This can easily be handled by simply adding a color overlay to tint the spot. You'd track the position of the light spot using the conventional tracker and apply it to the position of a layer on top or conversely, you use the mask tracker on teh layer itself and then copy & paste it to a layer. then you can use blending modes like Multiply, Color and so on or declare your top layer an adjustment layer and apply a color correction effect like Hue/ Saturation set to Colorize, Tint or anything you can imagine, in combinations and multiples if necessary. Even manualyl animating a mask would work reasonably. All you need is a bit of feathering to belnd everything in and of course you'll need to spend a good chunk of work to match the color. Rinse-repeat as often as necessary for separate areas.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Removing shine from forehead in clip
                BartonGarrett256 Level 2

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  I use Kryolan anti-shine, and or a matte powder.  However  powder takes takes blending and works best if matched to skin color, anti shine does not, but be careful with existing make up.  Two minutes on the set and you will save much more than that in terms of grief in post and get better video. If you have the budget hire a makeup artist.

• 5. Re: Removing shine from forehead in clip
                  jakec19500137 Level 1

I've just spent the past few hours trying to follow your recommendations, and still I cannot match the color. Also, I cannot get the mask to follow the shiny spots throughout the entire 30 second clip. If you wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate a step by step.