4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 8:36 PM by Rose 3

Premiere Elements 13 won't burn DVD

Rose 3 Level 1

I purchased a new computer: Windows 10, Intel Core i5-6400, 12.0 RAM. Still have 166 TB out of 1.8 TB free. I installed Elements 13 in March and have not been able to burn a DVD. It goes through the encoding process but stops at 4% in the burn process. I saved my first project to my computer and burned it using a different program but my latest project has a large menu with several scene markers. It is about 45 minutes long with pictures, video, text boxes and music.

Question 1. Why can't I burn a DVD?

Question 2. If I have to save it to my computer and try burning it a different way what will happen to the Menu and the Scenes?

Thank you!!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 won't burn DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Try this first.

Go to the program's Preferences (under the Edit menu) and, on the General page, uncheck the option to use Hardware Acceleration. Then try your DVD burn.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 won't burn DVD
            Rose 3 Level 1

I unchecked the Hardware Acceleration box but there was no change to the burn process. It still stopped at 4% of the burn.

I have a Geek Squad contract so I contacted them and had them perform a maintenance and told them about the problem I was having with burning a DVD. They thought they had made some adjustments that would help but it did not.

Although, after Geek Squad performed the maintenance I made a new project with a few pictures in it and added music and a text box with music and a menu. It was only 30 seconds long and it burned. I tried burning the video from May and got same the Burn Interrupt that I was getting at that time.

I have tried moving stuff around. Taking parts of the show out to make it shorter and nothing has helped.

Thank you for helping. If you have any other ideas I can try I would appreciate it.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 won't burn DVD
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, tech support groups like the Geek Squad are rarely helpful when it comes to specific issues like this.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

If you are using photos, have ensured that your photos are no larger than 1500x750 pixels (72 ppi)?

What are your Project Settings, as listed under the Edit menu?

Have you got Quicktime 7 installed, per the program's requirements?

When did you last run a Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragment on your hard drive?

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13 won't burn DVD
                Rose 3 Level 1

Installing Quicktime 7 seems to have worked!!! I've burned the 4 minute video with no popup error message and I've burned the longer one without freezing at 4%.

Thank you for sticking with me. I have 36 people waiting for this DVD.

Too bad the program doesn't tell you it isn't burning because it doesn't detect Quicktime 7. That would have been a huge help.

Again, Thank you, Very Much.