• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has a fix for Adobe Flash 22 incompatibility with Firefox 47.0.1 with Windows 8.1 been found?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous forum I posted to states that the question is assumed answered.

However, Flash 22 (when I indicate that I will allow it to run) is still stalling/freezing Firefox.

This is not an insignificant problem. I downgraded to Flash 21 for a while, but then re-upgraded to Flash 22, thinking that the problem would be fixed. The problem is not fixed at all.

Error message reads as follows:

Warning: Unresponsive script

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://connect.facebook.net/en_US?.....

[Checkbox] Don't ask me again.

[Choices:] Continue/Debug script/Stop script

This script keeps appearing and reappearing. usually not long enough for me to click on "Stop script."

I therefore have to use the Task Manager to stop Firefox.

Problem repeats, and repeats, and repeats. No variation.

Please inform whether this problem is being worked on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please log a bug for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before posting, please read and provide the following information:

• Operating system version also if it is 32 or 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did log a bug on 7/3, the same day that Satinder Bains (see above) requested it.

A few days ago I started using Flash 22 again. To my surprise and satisfaction, flash is started working with no stalling or freezing.

Thanks to those who worked diligently to correct this. (I am not discounting that some of the people who resolved the problem may be from other software companies/Mozillia plugin creators who also became aware of this bug.)

To the previous poster: my OS is 64 bit.

Thanks -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCGeekette​

I have some information for you.

Please try using the 64 bit version of Firefox, it is much more stable on 64bit systems.

I have a guide with the download link and some other useful information

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player - Windows

I would also try a uninstall and re-install  as well, that is in the guide its only two steps

For Firefox download the 64bit version, uninstall the 32bit version ( don't worry about bookmarks they will not get deleted unless you manually choose to )

Then Install the 64 bit version. That unresponsive script thing you are seeing ; Firefox 64 bit is 99% immune to that issue.

Hopefully that will resolve your issue

Best Regards

Please make my post helpful or answered if I have assisted you

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is NOT a flash bug as far as I know as it is a Firefox issue and the 32bit version of Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines