11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 4:25 AM by Roei Tzoref

Problem Bridge from after effects

ricardod37 Level 1

I get this warning when you try to browse presets "warning of after effects adobe bridge is not installed", and clearly installed...

• 1. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
          Mohammad.Harb MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Don't Waste your Time, After Effects Can't Communicate with Adobe Bridge for more than  2 years+ without any Updates

What I Actually Do Most of the Time to see a preview for the Presets

First I launch Adobe Bridge, Then Browse to the Animation Presets Directory

" which in im My Case " :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Presets\

Then Add the Animation Presets to your favorites

Hope this well Help "  at Least "  to See The Previews 

BRIDGE.jpg

• 2. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
            Deepak_Gupta Adobe Employee

Hi,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2015) on 19 July 2016. This update is available via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

We have addressed some of the Bridge launch issues experienced on application launch from After Effects. Please try the new release and check for issues you have encountered.

If you are not able to locate the Bridge (CC 2015) on Creative Cloud application, you will need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer.

Thanks

Deepak Gupta

1 person found this helpful
            • 4. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
              David L'Abbée Level 1

Hi,

I have    After Effects CC (2015.3)   and   Bridge (2015) , which are the latest update.

I can't apply any animation presets from Bridge, or directly from AE's Effect and Presets panel.

It just does NOTHING.

My TEXT layer is selected, but when I try to apply the preset on it, nothing appears in the Effects Control panel.

- I've tried double-clicking on the preset in Bridge... Does nothing at all.

- I've tried right-clicking on the preset in Bridge, then click on ''Place in Adobe After Effects''... Does nothing at all.

- I've tried to drag and drop the preset from the AE's Effects and Presets panel directly on the layer, the Effect Controls panel, ... Does nothing at all.

- I've tried to desinstall and reinstall both softwares... No difference.

I've looked everywhere to find a solution, but i couldn't find anything!

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT I'M DOING WRONG THERE !!!

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

David L'Abbée wrote:

My TEXT layer is selected, but when I try to apply the preset on it, nothing appears in the Effects Control panel.

Most of the text animation presets use text animators. Text animators are like Shape layer options; they show up in the timeline panel, but not the effects panel. They aren't effects. It's confusing, I know. But, if you start your preview, I'll bet you'll see the text moving.

• 6. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
                  leechunyu2001 Level 1

I got the same problem

what can we do????

• 7. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
                    Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are your exact issues? There have been a few things mentioned in this thread - all of which were before the most recent updates to Adobe's software.

• 8. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
                      Ian Rossenrode Level 1

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 11.40.41.pngI have updated all of the Adobe CC suite - today 8 December 2016 - and once again Bridge and After Effects are not 'talking to eachother' - When attempting to import any animation effect from Bridge into After Effects, I get the error above...

I have been an Adobe user since the 'year dot' and this has been a recurring conflict over several version updates - Can't understand why this continues to be an issue..... ??

• 9. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
                        Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

I would also like to know what's the word on that. this is broken as of last version 2015.3 and no word about it. I don't really use bridge but would like it to work if I want to see presets (instructing students mostly). the workaround is the choose the preset you want in the effects & presets panel and not through bridge which is what I do anyway all the time.

• 10. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
                          Ian Rossenrode Level 1

Ah yes, thank you.... I had forgotten that I had to do that before some time ago.... Thanks for the reminder.

Would be 'good' if Adobe updated us hey!

• 11. Re: Problem Bridge from after effects
                            Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

please file a bug report - the more votes - the more we can get their attention... Feature Request/Bug Report Form