Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download/Install FlashPlayer 10 fails

Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL FLASHPLAYER 10 AND/OR ANY NEW FLASHPLAYER! I CANNOT GET INTO ANY SITE REQUIRING FLASHPLAYER 10 AND I CANNOT INSTALL OR EVEN DOWNLOAD IT FROM ANY OF THE FREE GET FLASH ICONS ON THE SITES OR FROM ADOBE!!! I HAVE INSTALLED AND UNINSTALLED PREVIOUS VERSIONS, ACTIVE X'S, CHANGED SECURITY AND PRIVACY SETTNGS--NOTHING WORKS! I AM RIPPING MY HAIR OUT!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2009 Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am right with you. Have tried everything, every version. Site sounds downloaded, yet there is no "movie." Purchased a Registry Mechanic for Windows, but that has not helped. Downloaded program is nowhere to be found in programs, in control panel, or anywhere. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have done everything it says to do...I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked settings, turned off pop up blockers and firewall..it says it was downloaded successfully yet I cant view anything on any site that requires a flash player. I have even downloaded it to my desktop from different sites and tried installing it that way..still not working. Very Very frustrated as I have been messing with this for a good 8 hours on and off all day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to know that I am not the only one having this problem. I have spent 4 hours trying to download this and to no avail. I am hoping this is a web site issue and they fix it soon as I really need this program to make my pages work correctly. Rightnow I would take any version of Adobe as long as it downloads and works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. It is very frustrating. Here are some links I found on this site that may explain the problem and how to fix it. I haven't tried it though. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please share. Thank you...

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19148&sliceId=2

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=fb1634cb&sliceId=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hear ya im havin the same problem it says it is installed but it dont work and i called them and they pretty much said i dont no and i had to come here to figure it out i was wondering if u figured it out i am going crazy almost every site is using the new flash player and if i c u have to download the new flash player one more time i am going to lose it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I still can't find a page on Adobe which will actually allow the download. The download page I get to still does not display everything needed:still a blank spot with a square with red "x"; presumably whatever is supposed to be there is abutton or something you click on to install. There is still the notation that says you might need to click on the gold bar by the browser but there is no gold bar to click on. In other words, the download page just sits there and does nothing, and there is nothing to click on or otherwise proceed to get it to start.
The direct link the service rep gave me still does not work either.
So I am now stuck with NO copy of FP of any version at all. I don't even know why it stopped working. I was able to videos fine night before last, then yesterday morning I was not. Magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2009 Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pretty much have gone over the brink on this one, wasted pretty much my whole Saturday trying to get this resolved - how can you log off one day with everything fine and the next day your computer seems to be taken over by an alien with no sense of humor? I think I may be goofing it up even more, I had some player this a.m., now nothing which means I must have successfully removed everything as directed, but cannot install FlashPlayer 10. Hope someone hear comes up with something. Thanks for letting me vent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2009 Mar 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what happened to me. I was finally able to reinstall when the FP screens began to display everything- as my post above. I thought everything was ok, but as it turns out, videos do not work anything like as well as they did before it crashed. I can't get full screen; if I try from Hulu, I get a scrambled image. I can't even watch a video from Fancast (comcas't site). From there, I can't get a full screen as needed to get a complete image. Plus, with Fancast, for some reason now I have a problem with such slow buffering as to make it impossible- about like you would get with a fast dial up. I did not have any of these problems before. I am debating whether it woould be worth the risk to try reinstalling. BTW, I did clear history etc, turn off anti virus and pop up blocker- I had been doing that all along. I did nothing differently when the missing elements on the FP screens suddenly appeared. I am afraid if I uninstalled FP, the Adobe screens might go kablooey again and I would be left with nothing. I was planning on watching a movie sometime this weekend, if I get a chance- maybe I will wait until a weekday when I wont be spending much leisure time anyhow. Too bad to have so little support with what really seems to be major flaws in the adobe product. :Has anyone figured out what has been causing those spontaneous crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep i even tried the fix thay gave it wont even work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. It does seem to obe a web issue. The download page does not display completely (eg, says you may need to click on "gold bar" which is not there). I suddenly was unable to view any videos, was advised that I probably needed to download updated version (I already had FP10). Finally called them- was given direct link, told to uninstall Flashplayer, go to direct link. Direct link does not work either, get message site either cannot be foound or is unavailable. Adobe agent was convinced I had entered link wrong, that I must not understand what the _ character in the address is- but I had it correct. Now I can't download FP, and aas i uninstalled it from my computer, I have none at all. Gues it does not matter as it was not working anyway. Has anyone else spoken to them? the rep I spoke to refused to acknowledge that the site is having issues of any sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try installing the flash player with a window prompt to install the upgrade, unsolicited by you? If you did so, as I did, it was probably a virus. The window presented itself to me earlier this week and I just automatically clicked on it to install the updated version of the flash player. Big mistake...immediately after that, I was unable to view any movies, etc. My daughter researched for me and suggested that I do a "System Restore Point" which I did and that has fixed the problem for me, bypassing the virus. To do the "restore", I turned off the computer using the automatic restart. After it turned off, and just as it was coming back on, I held down the f8 key. Do not go into the "safe mode". I forget all the prompts now, but I do know I eventually saw a calendar that had today's date highlighted. I wanted to go back to the date before I had clicked on the install window with the virus. So I highlighted a date previous to that time and followed the prompts. And so, now I am back to being able to view videos again. But beware. Once I was up and running again, the same window with the offer to install the updated flash player was on the screen again. This time, I didn't touch it. Don't click on any of it, or you will be back to having the virus again. Hope this helps some of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it was working when I went to bed, was not working the next morning. I did not download anything at all in between. I did run a system restore to a point where everything was working, but it did not fix the problem. My problem now is that there is no working access to download Flas Player, as I have detailed. And those problems are not just on my computer- I spoke to a tech rep for my broadband isp and she went to the same page, same results- she would not have had anything on that page to allow her to download FP either, had she needed to. I checked again with them today, and they showed the same screen I do still. I wish there were an alternative way to get the player. I can't even find anyplace on the Adobe site to report problems of this nature, and when you call, they do not addrress the issue at all. I should not have listened when the Adobe person told me to uninstall, but she would not listen or proceed until I did. I have done multiple scans, everything I can do here, but there is nothing left if the Adobe site does not provide a mechanism to even start a download, never mind it not working after install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS AT LAST! I was just checking to see if a video on a site i was browsing would accidently work- got a pop up from Adobe (I did check to be sure of the source- thanks for the warning!) to install the active X controls, Did that, went back to the install screen for FP, everything went just fine- formerly hidden or missing parts of the page were visible, and in a matter of seconds got successful installation. Now seems to be working fine. I just hope this continues and it doesn't go bonkers overnight. If anyone is out there with the problem I had, you might have success if you try again , now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also experienced pretty much the same issue as everyone else in this forum. However, I did recently follow the process advised here:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19166&sliceId=1
and only needed to uninstall and then install Flashplayer 10 and it now works. I didn't need to follow through the full process. For some, this may also work. I am yet to see if the install will still be there when I reboot but for now I can at least watch video/clips as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant download this this is manic grr i dont like it when things dont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is me alipmal replying to myself im sorry if i over exaggerated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone plz plz plz answer back to me plz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone plz plz plz answer back to me plz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is me alipmal replying to myself im sorry if i over exaggerated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try un-installing and re-installing. It worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has everyone got FlashPlayer working now? I've tried unistalling mine about 10 times so far, and its still not working. Mine only stopped working after i upgraded Adobe Reader, surely this isn't just a coincidence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'm certainly glad I logged into this forum.  I thought it was just me.  I've not had access to flash player for two days.  It worked and then it didn't.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and repeated for two days now.  None of my corporate videos will run.  I'm at a standstill.  I've tried both IE and Firefox.  No luck.  Any help is certainly appreciated.  I'm at a loss.  I know I'm not an expert, but this shouldn't be that difficult to fix should it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines