9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 6:42 AM by k9ewt

Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial

k9ewt Level 1

I updated to LR 6.6. I now get the trial window counting down the 30 days. I tried entering the serial # of my LR 6 program but then told that the program is on two computers which it isn't. I tried signing out of LR and then entering the serial number in the window to register but still get the message that the program is on two computers. I resigned in my LR program for what it's worth.

Any solution?

Dick

• 1. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi Dick,

Please try activating Lightroom 6 again following How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6 and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial
            k9ewt Level 1

I have 4 days left on the "trial" so I'll wait out those days and then

try the procedure you gave me. I guess the "update" gave me the trial CC

version - a sneaky way to promote their CC. I'll let you know what

happens - or - doesn't happen.

Thanks, Dick

• 3. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Don't wait until the trial is done, do things now. 

And Adobe is not being sneaky about getting you to try CC, the only trial for LR is a CC version.  You can convert LR CC to LR 6 by the serial number so if the LR 6 license is undone by something then the program reverts to trial CC, that's all.

The message about two computers is that the software is already licensed on two OTHER computers and you're trying to license it on a third computer.  If you have recently updated the hardware on your computer or the OS, LR may think you're using it on another computer even though it's still the same one you're working on, but have you done that more than once or did you have it installed on two other computers?  If not it may be that someone has stolen your LR 6 serial number and has licensed it on two other computers.

I have not used LR 6 to know what happens, if when you get the message about your serial number not able to activate your current computer because that serial number has licensed it on two other computers, is there an option to deactivate it on those two other computers?  If so then do that.  If not, then you'll have to chat with Adobe Support and get them to deactivate the software on the other two computers.

Start here and work your way through the questions then click Still Need Help and Chat should be one of the options:

Contact Customer Care

This may be the link to get there, quicker:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM_downloading-installing-setting-up_licensing -activation_stillNeedHelp

• 4. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial
                k9ewt Level 1

Went to support who increased my account by one. No explanation why this

happened.

Thanks for response.

Dick

• 5. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial
                  k9ewt Level 1

Went to support who increased my account by 1. No explanation why this

happened.

Thanks for response.

Dick

• 6. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial

How do you know they increased it by one?  Does the message say THREE computers, now?  Or are you able to activate one more, which means they DECREASED the activation count by at least one to give you a spare computer to install to.

Did you actually chat with someone or did your going to a support link automatically do something with the activation counter without you're having talked with anyone?  If so that would be a new bit of information so it'd be useful to know which link you clicked on.

• 7. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial
                      k9ewt Level 1

I used the support chat. The person who helped me told me that the

allowable computers was increased by one. I asked if updating to Win10 

created the problem - also asked if I did something to create this

problem. No answer to the Win10 question but I was told I didn't create

the problem.

LR6 has only been installed only on 1 computer so I'm guessing that the

Win10 update did something. I should have signed out of LR before updating.

• 8. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial

A Windows 10 upgrade likely did increase the installed computers count by one, but it doesn't explain where the other installed computer is/was.  You should actually be able to install on ONE MORE computer and have it be ok if the Adobe support rep did the right thing.

• 9. Re: Updated to LR 6.6 - Now trial
                          k9ewt Level 1

When LR was operating on the computer using Win7 and then that computer

was updated to Win10, then that would be two computers using LR on

Adobe's end.

I still believe the update did something to cause the problem. Updates

should not change the number of computers using the program.