0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 6:10 PM by 1746794

Widget flashing white on Ipad Ibooks...

I am creating a children's book for iPad Ibooks using Edge Animate (CC2015) widgets in Ibooks Author. When I open the book in Ibooks, the page will flash while it's loading up the animation. I know Adobe has created a fix, listed below, but I do not know how to implement it. I take the .wdgt file and make it a .zip and can see the html and info.plist files, but am no programmer. I would really appreciate any help.

About opening the HTML widget

Depending on how complicated your HTML Dashboard widget is, your readers may experience a flash during HTML initialization when they open the widget in iBooks. To avoid this flash, modify your Dashboard widget so it tells iBooks when to switch from displaying the Default.png file to displaying the running HTML widget.

Make these three modifications to add this optional feature:

Add a IBNotifiesOnReady item set to true in the Dashboard widget's info.plist file, so iBooks knows this Dashboard widget will tell it when to switch to displaying the running HTML widget:

<key>IBNotifiesOnReady</key>

<true/>

Set your Dashboard widget to load the Apple javascript library:

<script type="text/javascript" src="AppleClasses/AppleWidget.js"> </script>

Set your Dashboard widget to let iBooks know when the HTML initialization begins, and iBooks can switch from showing the Default.png file to displaying the running HTML widget by calling (in javascript):

widget.notifyContentIsReady()

Important: If you choose to modify your Dashboard widget to avoid the flash, be sure to do all three of the above steps. You must compete all of the steps for this to function properly.

Thank you so much for your help,

-Aaron