3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2016 11:29 AM by Asymetrical

Flash export 'lag'

I tried finding the answer in the forums but can't seem to find anything about what I'm running into so I'm sorry if this has already been asked!!

I'm new to flash and just made a simple animation to use for the intro in a youtube video. When I export the video as a swf file it works perfectly. Unfortunately, the video editor I'm using doesn't support swf files. So I export it as a quicktime file or anything else and the animation is suddenly laggy (for lack of a better word). Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 2.25.24 AM.png

So the blue choppy things to either side of the middle picture aren't supposed to be there and I have no idea what's causing the lag.

Also, I may need any answers to be explained simply, since this is literally my first animation I've ever made on my own -_- Please help me!!

And thank you!!

• 1. Re: Flash export 'lag'
          jeromiec83223024 Adobe Employee

This is a problem with Quicktime export in Flash Pro/Animate, not with Flash Player.  I've moved your question to the Animate CC forum.

• 2. Re: Flash export 'lag'
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Which version of Flash Pro or Animate are you using? Can you put an example FLA online somewhere for me to try?

• 3. Re: Flash export 'lag'
              Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

This is usually due to the codec you export with especially if you're using Flash and NOT Animate. I would suggest exporting at Best quality and also using the Animation export codec but if you have the ability the best way to export animation in any earlier version of Flash is to export as an swf file, import that into After Effects and then export to H264. Or if you do not have After Effects then export to a png sequence and import that sequence into a video editor. With Animate, you don't need this because you can export via the Media Encoder but if you only have Flash one of those options is your best bet. Also if you're using audio it's REALLY important that it be 44.1 kHz and NOT 48 kHz or your animation will fall out of sync.