4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 11:42 AM by oceanbreeze

Table of Contents does not display in merged published WebHelp output

oceanbreeze Level 1

The Table of Contents does not display in merged published WebHelp output.  I am using RoboHelp 10 on Windows 7.  I tried it in both Firefox and IE.

I downloaded Peter Grainge's sample demo in his excellent article on Merging Help in WebHelp (http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merging_method_rh9.htm#calling ).  Even in his demo, the TOC only showed up once or twice.  Most times when I publish the files, the TOC does not show.  I am publishing it on my local drive.  I have spent many hours re-reading the article, checking my files, creating a sample of my own, and looking at the forums. I have not found a solution.

I tried publishing the child projects first, then the parent and vice versa.  Neither way displayed the TOC.  Does the order make a difference?

I checked the "Add Mark of the Web" option in the Navigation pane of the Webhelp Settings window.

I chose the "Local PC or Intranet (Internal Network") option in the Navigation pane of the Webhelp Settings window.  I am publishing to my local hard drive.

Were there any improvements in RoboHelp 15 for merging and publishing?

I greatly appreciate anyone's help to try to get the TOC to display.

Thanks,

Diane Heald