Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open existing topics after opening project

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using RH7 with Win XP.

When I open up my project and double click on an existing topic to edit it, RH7 stalls/crashes. If I create a new topic, then open an existing topic, everything works fine.

I thought the solution was the default editor setting I found in the following topic but it turns out that it did not permanently fix the problem.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=447&threadid=1402188&C...

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2009 Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of double clicking a topic, right click and try Edit With > RoboHelp WYSIWYG.

If that doesn't work, I think I would go straight for an uninstall and reinstall, assuming this is the same with all projects.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem again.  I have tried everything I can think of to resolve the problem.  The only thing that is working right now that will allow me to open any of my topics is to create a new topic.  This somehow allows the WYSIWYG editor to start working again and allows me to open my existing topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall and reinstall?

Are your projects on your hard disk?

Same problem with the supplied sample projects?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not reinstalled yet.  I am trying to avoid it like the plague since I would have to get my IT dept involved.

My projects are on my local hard drive.

The sample projects seem to work OK.

I have played around with the project a little more and I am finding that if I open certain topics for editing first then everything works fine.  It seems like trying to open up some topics right after opening the project will cause a crash.  In other words my problem seems to be topic dependent.

I looked at the HTML behind topics that work fine and ones that cause a crash and at first I thought the common link between the ones that were causing the crash were that they had some meta tags that started out like:

<meta name=MS-HAID content=

but I found one exception so now I have no idea.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to http://www.helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm and search in that page on MS-HAID.

The tag is index related. Does thinking "index" prompt any thoughts on the cause of the problem?

In a copy of the project, try trashing the index and all references to that tag.

Before that, try renaming the CPD file via Windows Explorer and then re-open the project.

If the supplied projects work, I doubt a reinstall will make any difference.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of the ideas Peter.  Unfortunately, I have other things I have to move on to.  I will keep a note to try the index thrashing sometime when I have more time.

As for the cpd file, that is one of the first things I tried but it did not help.

For now, I will just have to use the workaround of editing a topic i know does not have problems right after opening the project.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it seems that my workaround is not working so well on another project that I am editing today.  I just remembered my other workaround which is to create a new topic before trying to open any existing topics (I probably got the idea from you or someone else in the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp