• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization of new iMac

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I authorized a new iMac a month ago as I download ebooks from the library. I had to have the iMac replaced and now I cannot return or download ebooks. It says that both he device and the iMac are authorized yet I get an error when I try to return a book "Unable to return item. Please authorize your computer first.". I have tried erasing both authorizations but still no success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I did as indicated above (btw I'm on El Capitan 10.11.5) and now I have an error message stating 'Unable to return. Error returning item, License Server Communication Problem: E_BAD_LOAN_ID" Any suggestions for that one? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you remove the file and trash emptied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the file was removed and the trash emptied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And you can authoirze Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines