1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 6:59 AM by sanyamt

Indesign CC 2015.4 crashes when scroll with my mouse

mattijn

Very annoying.

In any document with links, when I scroll with the scroll button on my mouse Indesign crashes.

The OSX crash reports says:

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

My colleagues have the same problem on their macs.

Anyone an idea what can help?

mattijn

• 1. Re: Indesign CC 2015.4 crashes when scroll with my mouse
          sanyamt Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please follow the step to clear preference and cache

• InDesign Preference:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<language>\  (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>

• InDesign Cache:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\  (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar