4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2016 6:29 AM by Szalam

aerender failing to render

Bart Walczak Level 1

I already submitted it before, but could not find the thread.

I'm trying to use aerender with the following parameters (of course substituted on execution, so the command line syntax is correct):

aerender -project "${project_path}"  -comp "${config.MAIN_COMP_NAME}" -OMtemplate "${config.OM_TEMPLATE_FULL}" 
      -RStemplate "${config.RS_TEMPLATE_FULL}" -output "${output_path}"

and keep running into this error:

aerender version 13.8.0x144

PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...

PROGRESS: ...After Effects successfully launched

aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the -reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects

There is a GUI instance of AE running, but there is no -reuse flag in the params. Happens on three different machines (2 OS, 1 Windows), one of them is fresh install with no plugins/scripts. When I run the same parameters for the GUI versions, I am welcomed with a modal dialog with the message about the starting point being the composition specified in the command line. When I click ok, it renders fine, but why does it show up in the first place, when the whole goal is supposed to be unassisted rendering?

And no, there are no alert() statements anywhere that I could find that could justify such behaviour.