17 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 5:25 AM by davidw37578351

Lightroom 2015.5 is EXTREMELY slow on imac 27 retina 5k ( late 2015)

davidw37578351

I recently decided to upgrade my workstation to an imac 27 retina 5k (late 2015) 32gb memory and have nothing but Lightroom and photoshop installed..

I have to say this is the worst I have ever seen lightroom, ANYTHING to to with the adjustments are unusable, local brush adjustment has so much lag it takes anything up to 8 5 seconds to update to see where i have applied the settings, I have tried disabling GPU and this improves it ( a tiny amount ) but slows down the crop and other tools... I feel very annoyed as im paying for a subscription that is just useless at the moment, ive had to revert back to my old Imac 2011 just to edit my images, I am in the middle of wedding season and can realy do without these delays... I got onto adobe support they remotely tried different things and finaly came up with..

" we know their are issues and our developers are working on a solution" is this true and if so when might I expect it ?

I look forward to any response, im starting to get a little desperate here!!

thanks

Dave