6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 8:37 AM by lillypad@sky.com

Hide / Unhide

lillypad@sky.com

Have just downloaded my catalogue to Lr from PSE14. Images which had hitherto protected under 'hide' are now greyed out in Lr. I want to retain that 'hide ' privacy , how do I do it in Lr, also how do I remove the greyed out overlay?

• 1. Re: Hide / Unhide
          dj_paige Level 9

Are you saying that the rest of the photos are not greyed out, only the ones that were hidden in PSE14 are greyed out? Are you talking about them being greyed out in the Lightroom Library Module, or in the Import dialog? Can you show us a screen capture?

There is no specific Hide feature in Lightroom. You can assign metadata (like a color label or pick flag) to any photos you want to hide and then set a filter not to show those, and only show the rest.

• 2. Re: Hide / Unhide
            lillypad@sky.com Level 1

I have a selection transferred from PSE14 which were ‘hidden’ in PSE. Screen shot taken in Library mode, shows bottom 3 images which are greyed out whilst all other images are normal. Sounds like your second para will do what I want if I can remove the grey overlay.

Thanks for your help

• 3. Re: Hide / Unhide
              dj_paige Level 9

I can't see the screen capture. You have to use the web interface to attach screen captures; you can't do it by e-mail.

• 4. Re: Hide / Unhide
                lillypad@sky.com Level 1

I have a selection transferred from PSE14 which were ‘hidden’ in PSE. Screen shot taken in Library mode, shows bottom 3 images which are greyed out whilst all other images are normal. Sounds like your second para will do what I want if I can remove the grey overlay.

Thanks for your helpScreen Shot 2016-07-07 at 14.51.46.pngCan you see this screen shot

• 5. Re: Hide / Unhide
                  dj_paige Level 9

These are greyed out because somehow (could be user accident or could be something in the upgrade of the catalog from PSE) the X flag has been assigned to these photos. To fix this problem, select the three photos (or other ones that are grey) and press the letter U.

Earlier, I was referring to filtering these photos (to hide them) possibly using the flags, or colors labels. Seems like filtering on color labels might be better since it won't gray the photo.

• 6. Re: Hide / Unhide
                    lillypad@sky.com Level 1

Thank you. Your advice did the job. I have marked the response page.