0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 5:31 AM by simagephoto

Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata file has increased in size from 16.2MB (LR5) to a whopping 43.25GB in LR 6….????

simagephoto

I am currently looking at using google drive - or even my “OwnCloud” to have a centralised LR catalog so I can use both my iMac and my laptop (for location shoots) without having to continuously copy the catalog files each time… and I don’t really want to deal with external hard drives I have just upgraded to LR 6 (I have a CC sub)…

I have noticed something quite alarming though and wondering if you can help me with this…

Since upgrading to LR 6 my Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata file has increased in size from 16.2MB (LR5) to a whopping 43.25GB in LR 6….???? I simply can not understand why this would be… and makes a big difference when using cloud services…!!!! (especially compared to a 16.2MB file) the only thing that I can possibly think of … is that I recently clicked on the box in Catalog settings to automatically write changes into XMP…  but I can’t imagine that this would have made this type of jump in file size as it is only metadata…???? Are you able to possibly point me in the right direction here…?

My Lightroom Catalog.lrcat is 5.63GB  with a bit over 250,000 images  (my LR5 catalog.lrcat was 4.13GB - for reference) thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer here..

Cheers tim