1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2006 5:42 PM by kglad

Trouble with duplicated movie clips

Oni RAMEN
      I am trying to develop a simple application which allows users to scroll through the timeline to see a new duplicated movie clip on each new frame. I have two scroll buttons, left, and right. left has prevFrame(); attached to it, and right has nextFrame();. Basically, I have a movie clip, of simply 1 pixel, I made a button which the user clicks to duplicate the movie clip of a pixel, which it does so with the X coordiate incremented by 1, and since it is 1 pixel, it basically draws a line. That works fine no problem. The problem is with the frame scrolling. I can go back and forth between frames (use the left and right buttons to go through frames 1-10 right now, back and forth, both ways), but the duplicated movie clips are displayed on every frame, there is no difference between the frames. If I duplicate a movie clip on frame 2, then advance to frame 3, make a ntoehr duplicate, advance to 4, duplicate, etc., when I scroll back through the timeline, all frames 1-4 in this example have 4 movie clips on them, I want frame 1 to have the original, 2 to have the original and the duplicate, etc. Basically, I want to be able to not have the movie clip duplicates created on every frame when I duplicate them, just the one they were created on, and the frames which follow, not the frames before.

If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Derek