1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 2:58 AM by Chetna Srivastava

Collections to Masters

marijnbax

Hi,

I have recently switched from Aperture to Lightroom. I have imported all my pictures but the masters are now on my hard drive in folders by year and month. I do still have the folders that I created but they are now all in collections.

Is there any smart way to convert the collections into masters? I just like to have everything organized as per the original names that I gave the folders so that I can find the photo's in my finder as well.

I have tried exporting the collections and then importing them back but then I get the message that the photo's already exist. This would also take me quite a bit of time as there are about 100 collections.

• 1. Re: Collections to Masters
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi majinbax,

That is the default behavior how transfer from aperture to Lightroom works.

It converts all the projects names to collections and folders are organized in date fashion.

Refer this article: Aperture Import plug-in for Lightroom FAQ

If you want to get them as folders then, you will have to start all over with a new catalog and export project by project from aperture and then, import them in Lightroom by adding.

Once done with complete import, you can get rid of the older catalog but with this process any ratings, keywords would not be transferred from aperture.

Regards

Chetna