I've been suffering some performance issues and would like to hear some comments on my current set up.
1. Excessive RAM use, using 80-90% of my 16GB RAM.
2. Heavy CPU use, mostly due to Adobe CEPHtmlEngine.exe "virus" (Not really a virus, but sure acts like it)
I use InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator equally throughout the day.
- Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz
- 16GB Crucial RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
- WDC WD1000DHTZ-04N21V0 1TB 10k rpm 64MB cache SATA drive with 6Gb/s (Internal)
I haven't allocated this drive for anything specific yet
- WDC WD5000HHTZ-04N21V1 500GB 10k rpm 64MB Cache SATA drive with 6Gb/s (Internal)
This is my OS, Apps, Working Files and Scratch disc drive
- Software: Win7, Adove CC (not this latest version, it had issues so we had to roll back to previous version).
1. RAM is small, I'm upgrading to 32GB this week.
2. Video card is pretty weak but I rarely use Premiere so maybe ok for now?
3. Drives: Do you think an SSD will provide improvement for OS and Adobe CC?
I welcome your opinions. Thanks in advance!