7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2016 2:30 PM by Peter Flynn (Adobe)

Scroll line keeps moving.

CreativeCullin

So I created a custom document that's scroll-able. However, as soon as I've put the hours in. The scroll line shifts to a new area, and it can't be moved back. I created a new document, and the same thing happened. So many hours and now im posting because i don't want this to happen again.

• 1. Re: Scroll line keeps moving.
          stuart-k Adobe Employee

So sorry about this. Do you mean that the dashed scroll line on the artboard moved around? If so can you remember what steps caused this to happen, or at what point the line moved?

Also, how did you create the artboard originally? Was it from e.g. Web 1280, and then you resized it?

• 2. Re: Scroll line keeps moving.
            CreativeCullin Level 1

The first time it was a custom 1024.

The second time, I used a horizontal iPad template and it worked for a while, then it occurred again. I start duplicating my art boards and moving them to knew ones to get around it.

As far as the actions, I really have no idea. I'm copy and pasting a lot from illustrator. But its all basic text that's been outlined, no heavy graphics or anything.

As far as when its moved, its almost random. I always asked myself when did I just do that perhaps made it change but all I can think is a copy paste rom illustrator. And it always happens when I'm almost done, lol. Its never right away it takes it a long time.

Cullin Lassiter

Studio Art Director

214-520-5170  cell

469-951-0935  cell

w<applewebdata://C5A01C24-5F67-49E1-8A70-D0BD1A35E8A0/www.inspireagency.com>ww.inspireagen cy.com<applewebdata://C5A01C24-5F67-49E1-8A70-D0BD1A35E8A0/www.inspireagency.com>

• 3. Re: Scroll line keeps moving.
              Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Does your artboard's width match one of the presets you see when you select the artboard drawing tool?

If so then I think you are hitting the same bug as described here: Blue scroll/fold line on artboard shifting unexpectedly on save – Adobe XD UserVoice.  This will be fixed in our June update, which is coming out soon.

Unfortunately though, I think your existing artboards that hit this problem will still have the incorrect scroll line position after the fix -- you may have to create new artboards and copy-paste the contents over.  In the future we plan to give you more direct, manual control over the scroll line's position, which should help in cases like this.

- Peter

• 4. Re: Scroll line keeps moving.
                CreativeCullin Level 1

Yes. It matches an iPad. But even after creating a new document, using a template, and just pulling the art board down. It still does it. Granted, its a 1024x5000px height (roughly on the height) but it still works. Until, something happens.

Cullin Lassiter

Studio Art Director

214-520-5170  cell

469-951-0935  cell

w<applewebdata://C5A01C24-5F67-49E1-8A70-D0BD1A35E8A0/www.inspireagency.com>ww.inspireagen cy.com<applewebdata://C5A01C24-5F67-49E1-8A70-D0BD1A35E8A0/www.inspireagency.com>

• 5. Re: Scroll line keeps moving.

Yes, that sounds like the same bug as the link above.  If the width of your artboard matches the width of one of the preset choices, then after you save & reopen the file the scroll line will always be positioned based on the height of the preset that has the matching width.  So in your example, an artboard that is 1024 wide matches the width of the "iPad Pro" preset, and the scroll line winds up getting moved to Y = 1366 as a result.

Once our June update is released, this bug should stop happening.  Any artboards you create after that point will keep their original scroll line when you save.

Sorry for the trouble this bug has caused you in the meantime!

- Peter

• 6. Re: Scroll line keeps moving.
                    CreativeCullin Level 1

If I create a custom art board (not matching templates) , would I still be able to access the scrolling feature and avoid this?

Thanks so much for your time and replies.

Cullin Lassiter

Studio Art Director

214-520-5170  cell

469-951-0935  cell

• 7. Re: Scroll line keeps moving.

Yes, I think it will work for custom artboards that you create from the "welcome screen," by filling in numbers under the "Custom Size" heading (as long as the width doesn't match any of the templates).  You can then make multiple copies of that initial artboard via copy-paste or Duplicate, and they should all retain the same original scroll line position / viewport height.

Scrolling won't work yet for artboards that you draw "freehand" by dragging with the artboard drawing tool, though.

And again, sorry this is a little inconsistent right now.  In the future we will give you more direct control of the scroll boundary's position, regardless of the artboard's size or how it was created.