I wanted to know how to control the number of columns that are displayed when viewing a book with Digital Editions.
Within Digital Editions, I did this:
- Click Help
- Click Adobe Editions Help
- Choose a product. I have to scroll down to find Digital Editions, even though that's the product that I originally clicked "help" for, so I would've thought it ought to already know that.
- In "Tell us what you need help with..." -- I choose How-to's
- In "Is your issue related to..." I once again choose How-to's
- I get a page saying "Try these first... Adobe Digital Editions Learn & Support. I start to type in the Search Field, and the page then decides to scroll down for me.. arrg... "what the ?" , so I scroll back up type my search "number columns"
I get results for "InDesign", InCopy, Photoshop! Seriously?! After repeatedly saying I I want help with "Digital Editions" 3 times already you just ignore it and give unrelated results for different products?! There is not a single result for Digital Editions.
I go back to previous page. Once again as I'm trying to read the page it decides to scrolls down again for no good reason -- dumbest thing ever!
I try "Get Started" (My fingers are getting tired from the clicking already.)
I again enter "number of columns" and once again it gives me the same worthless results for other products! Useless...
I answer the "Was this helpful" question with "No". It brings up a comment screen, so I try to type in the above information. But no... it only accepts 250 characters... why? I suspect because nobody really much cares.
So I try "Contact Us" instead... It takes me back to the original "Tell us what you need help with..." !
I don't even care about my original question anymore... it wasn't a big deal. Now I'm just very annoyed that the "help" doesn't even try to help.
So... I guess I'd just like to point out that I didn't find the "help" very helpful and I think it could be improved.