0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 4:05 PM by wkstanley

Digital Editions Help frustration

wkstanley

I wanted to know how to control the number of columns that are displayed when viewing a book with Digital Editions.

Within Digital Editions, I did this:

- Click Help

- Click Adobe Editions Help

- Choose a product.  I have to scroll down to find Digital Editions, even though that's the product that I originally clicked "help" for, so I would've thought it ought to already know that.

- In "Tell us what you need help with..."  -- I choose How-to's

- In "Is your issue related to..."  I once again choose How-to's

- I get a page saying "Try these first...   Adobe Digital Editions Learn & Support.  I start to type in the Search Field, and the page then decides to scroll down for me.. arrg... "what the ?" , so I scroll back up type my search "number columns"

I get results for "InDesign", InCopy, Photoshop! Seriously?! After repeatedly saying I I want help with "Digital Editions" 3 times already you just ignore it and give unrelated results for different products?!  There is not a single result for  Digital Editions.

I go back to previous page.  Once again as I'm trying to read the page it decides to scrolls down again for no good reason -- dumbest thing ever!

I try "Get Started"  (My fingers are getting tired from the clicking already.)

I again enter "number of columns" and once again it gives me the same worthless results for other products!  Useless...

I answer the "Was this helpful" question with "No".  It brings up a comment screen, so I try to type in the above information.  But no... it only accepts 250 characters...  why?  I suspect because nobody really much cares.

So I try "Contact Us" instead... It takes me back to the original "Tell us what you need help with..." !

I don't even care about my original question anymore... it wasn't a big deal.  Now I'm just very annoyed that the "help" doesn't even try to help.

So... I guess I'd just like to point out that I didn't find the "help" very helpful and I think it could be improved.