Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer crashes using firefox with Windows 10

Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything I could find on the internet including downloading the newest player. Has anyone else had this problem and have you solved it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your operating system 32 or 64 bit?

If you don't know Google it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Great.

I have put together a guide to using the offline Flash player installers & Some links For Firefox 64 bit, because there is a good chance you are using 32 bit version.

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player - Windows

First Use steps 1 and two to use the Flash Uninstaller and then reinstall the NPAPI version

Second Use the links I provided there to download the 64 bit Version of Firefox , Once you have it downloaded uninstall your current version ( no, you will not loose your bookmarks ) Then reinstall the 64 bit you downloaded

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried both 32 bit and 64 bit, same results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to check out my Guide I created, for manually using the OFFLINE installers to reinstall Flash player.

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player - Windows

Hopefully that 2 step process will resolve your issue

I would also attempt to create another Firefox profile. Relatively simple

In the search box enter in the following command

firefox.exe -p

make a new profile and relaunch Firefox ( please use 64 bit )

run that command to go back and set your old profile as default.

That will determine if this is a profile related issue. I might try this first before re-installing Flash player manually from the offline installers

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, the classic Firefox stability issue is related to the bolt-on NPAPI sandbox that we added for 32-bit Firefox.  Our solution is sub-optimal, but necessary to provide modern security mitigations to 32-bit Firefox users.  We're optimistic that Mozilla will implement a native sandbox for 32-bit Firefox, but it's not there yet.  This problem seems to be exacerbated in Win8+, but it has to do with the number of messages being sent between Firefox and Flash exceeding what the system can do reliably.

In 64-bit Firefox, Mozilla has implemented a native NPAPI sandbox.  The architectural efficiencies resolve the classic hang for most people.

To install 64-bit Firefox, you can download it it from this page.  Just make sure you're picking the 64-bit version that's listed.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

You should just get the 64-bit player automatically.  We install both automatically when you install the NPAPI plug-in on a 64-bit machine.

If the crashes persist, something else is going on.

If you go into about:crashes in Firefox, you'll see a list of recorded crashes. Right-Click each of the crashes and choose Open In A New Tab.  Firefox will then submit them to Mozilla for analysis.  The names of the links themselves will change to start with bp-<something>.  If you can reply with a list of those IDs, I'll be happy to take a look and see if there's any useful information.

While you're waiting for a response, you might want to try disabling hardware acceleration, which is described in the video troubleshooting guide below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines