This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
> <cffunction name="UpdateDescription" access="remote" returntype="string" >
> <cfargument name="newDescription" required="true" type="string">
> <cfargument name="descriptionUpPK" required="true" type="string">
> <cffunction name="UpdateEng" access="remote" returntype="string" >
> <cfargument name="newENGRemark" required="true" type="string">
> <cfargument name="engUpPK" required="true" type="string">
Wild shot in the dark. Triple check the case of your parameters names.
I remember there can be some funky business with the cases of variable
when data is going between ColdFusion and Flex.
You may want to experiment with different cases as well. It may not be
intuitive on what they should be.
Thirdly. Can you simplify the second function to use know
<cfargument...> tags and then just dump the argument scope someplace for
I also heard about the case thing. So I tried everything in upper case and lower case - same thing. In my experimenting, I tried adding the newENGRemark parameter to the descriptionUpdate function call, I didn't do anything with it is the .cfc just declared it as required. In that case the parameter exists and everything is fine. But in the call to the UpdateEng, it doesn't exist.
I changed the .cfc so that the newENGRemark was not required or had a default. In both cases the .cfc just skipped to the next parameter and said it didn't exist. But I was passing a litteral, it wasn't even a variable.
I created a .cfm page that did a cfinvoke on the .cfc, and passed it two litterals. That worked fine. So that makes it look like some sort of syntax error in the Flex. So I deleted the call to the UpdateENG, copied the UpdateDescription call (because it works), changed just the minimum to make it work, but it didn't work.
I think I am going to restructure the database so that I can do what I need to with just one update function, that seems to work.
It still doesn't make any sense.
Scott (Flex code is attached)