17 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 1:31 AM by Peter Spier

WORST customer service ever!

summertimeluv Level 1

Seriously Adobe!! get your customer service sorted out!!

Impossible to join anyone!!

(oh by the way.. stop deleting my discussions just because you don't like that I am telling the truth!!!!!)

• 1. Re: WORST customer service ever!
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Adobe has been on vacation break for the last week....

• 2. Re: WORST customer service ever!
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're not speaking to Adobe here. You're speaking to volunteer users who provide support to InDesign customers because we love to help people.

Send your letter to the corporate office.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: WORST customer service ever!
              jane-e Adobe Community Professional

This is the InDesign forum. If you have an actual InDesign question, please start a new thread and ask us! We are volunteers from around the world and someone is always checking the forums.

Also, I clicked your name and saw that you have quite a few posts recently where people have been helpful and you thanked them profusely. What went so horribly wrong, may I ask?

• 4. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Also, I clicked your name and saw that you have quite a few posts recently where people have been helpful and you thanked them profusely. What went so horribly wrong, may I ask?

That was my impression too. I'm not sure where the vitriol is coming from.

• 5. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                  summertimeluv Level 1

"You're not speaking to Adobe here. You're speaking to volunteer users who provide support to InDesign customers because we love to help people."

EXACTLY my point!

People are nice enough to help each other out!

But it's NOT their job.. nor they have the technical skills for it!

Like there are many technical contradictions in the comments!

Im complaining about the LACK of ADOBE's Customer service

Plus it's depends on days on forums... people reply after an hour.. other times after a couple of hours.. yet other times NO REPLIES at all! Then You are stuck in your problem & crap with no help or anyone to turn too!

Those who know Shopify!

They have one of the BEST customer service i have ever encountered

24/7 service accessible for FREE via net or via phone!

yet they are not as old as Adobe nor they have as much money!

If they can then so can Adobe put in place a hotline or a chatting system

I'm annoyed because I still haven't found solutions to my numerous issues...

Ever as if there was a bloody quick hotline available even on weekends i could have got my issues fixed!!

Im wasting my time.. late on my projects... all..

• 6. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                    Derek Cross Level 6

If you buy book from a bookshop you don't expect them to teach you to read. I suggest you get some InDesign training and ask supplementary questions on particular issues on the forums. Many forum practitioners are more experienced on some matters than the Adobe support staff.

This is a friendly forum, please don't keep ranting – it's irritating!

• 7. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                      floramc Adobe Community Professional

People are nice enough to help each other out!

But it's NOT their job.. nor they have the technical skills for it!

Like there are many technical contradictions in the comments!

Im complaining about the LACK of ADOBE's Customer service

Plus it's depends on days on forums... people reply after an hour.. other times after a couple of hours.. yet other times NO REPLIES at all! Then You are stuck in your problem & crap with no help or anyone to turn too!

Hi there!

I sense some frustration here - and a bit of confusion. People who sit here and offer support on the forum are professionals who have the experience required to support with the tools, otherwise they would not be offered to talk for the tools on the forum. You might have noticed that many of us are given different badges, these badges should be a guarantee for you that the person answering is an expert. Expert is not a God. We can't solve everything, but we do the best we can.

That we choose to do this on a volunteer basis has nothing to do with the actual skills and experiences each and every has on the different tools. Don't generalise it would fire back on you, there's a lot of knowledge shared on this forum on very high levels.

If there are technical contradictions it may depend on many different factors, to start with, we are not in the same room with the user in trouble and we try to figure out what the problem is about. It is not an easy job - and it depends on the incredible complexity of the applications we talk about. Adobe is quite unique in the huge amount of high profiled tools they sell. After Effects, Photoshop and Audition alone are enough as examples and they are but three of the huge amount of programs that are part of CC. Extreme complexity leads to diversification on the sort of questions and troubles users might have. Not to mention, the conflicts that can be created with other applications.

Shopify and Adobe don't sell the same service, it's hardly possible to compare what the two sells, but no wonders it's not as much of tough task to sit on their customer service.

Adobe has a 24/7 chat online that you can reach through this link adobe chat support online they are always at disposal.

As for here: of course it depends on days on the forum. It is a forum, it is built on the movement of people on the internet - this is a very active one, I sit on other forums that have so much slower response and strangely less complaints too. Many times there are no answers because the questions are not clear enough and other people are human too, it might happen that nobody gets what's asked.

Have you ever got in touch with the Adobe chat? Were you aware of this option?

Finally a question: you are complaining that you are getting bad customer service (on the forum) where we talk about InDesign issues. I understand you are not satisfied with the support you have had in InDesign (otherwise this is not the proper place for this post) - so where are you stuck on InDesign? Maybe we can start from there and see how we can solve it.

• 8. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                        summertimeluv Level 1

floramc

Hi Flora..

YES! Indeed you are right.. a lot of frustration here.. as Ive tried many things & can't get my problems sort out..

You might have noticed that many of us are given different badges
                        Actually here what i see... (no badges in horizon for some reason)
                        That said like i said above im very grateful who take their time out help others but again it is not for them to do it. They are doing out of pure kindness not because its their job..

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 13.00.44.png

Don't generalise it would fire back on you, there's a lot of knowledge shared on this forum on very high levels.

Im sure there is no doubt about that nor i am criticizing them.. because they are *normal* people.. like you & me.. i appreciate them & their advice... that said there are many who said things which more confused me than anything else.. & im even fine with that..

but im *ranting* is about the absence of ADOBE'S presence NOT that of the people on the forum just to be clear..

Adobe has a 24/7 chat online that you can reach through this link adobe chat support online they are always at disposal.

Actually that is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.
                        that chat service is NOT 24/7 AT ALL... i tried it numerous times this weekends & it was closed!

I did have someone on the chat last week..

A guy who wanted to access my computer remotely... (WITHOUT ever mentioning that he would have FULL access to everythg on my computer & my personal files & documents! Worse part is that he did not even TELL me all of that! i had harass him with 100 questions to finally get him to ADMIT that *he COULD access all my private data but WOULD NOT do it!*

Are you SERIOUS?? you want me to give you a perfect stranger full access to my computer whereas there are all sorts of hacking & safety issues!! NO WAY!!

So He told me that he would check with other people what was error 2136 & 2202 & get back to me within the day as my problem was urgent... it was Friday (not last friday but the one before)... i waited had no news... i went on the chat to see if i could join someone else... but the chat was closed.. it said it will be opened on sunday 6:00 PT..

I went back Sunday... it was still closed!

First thing Monday (last monday) i called the customer service!

After waiting for like 20 mins.. i finally had someone.. who told me he just took the calls and gathered the info... & was not an expert.. & he asked me for the info & told me he would forward it to his superiors who would get back to me... if & when they have an update... been a week... no news

In the meanwhile i asked for help from the forum.. I tried the various things people told me got no results.. for that issue.. since i have had various issues... some for which i found the solution myself.. others i had interesting feedback from people & yet others... it's still hanging!

So YES due to all the above quite frustrated!

Finally a question: you are complaining that you are getting bad customer service (on the forum) where we talk about InDesign issues.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! People have been wonderful! & like i said am greatful to them for their time..
                        But are users like me & not developers or super dupper experts who know indesign inside out!

Im frustrate by the official Adobe customer service! so where are you stuck on InDesign? Maybe we can start from there and see how we can solve it.

Kind of you to ask...
                        If you click on my name i think you'll find a list of my recent posts describing my various issues...

My most urgent one is that of music.. which has disappeared from my files..

i have given a detailed description on the problem & all that i have tried..

Then the error 2136 & 2022 is pretty bad too as i had to split my file in TWO separate parts in order for it to function & it doesnt look very cool & i need to relink every & redo all the buttons

but im still hoping to get news this week from Adobe for that error so i don't need to do that! as it's too much work!

thank you

• 9. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                          davidc39688693

Agree with the original post here. The latest InDesign keeps crashing and resetting my preferences, multiple times per day. Not production software at all! Why not tell customers it's a beta release, upgrade at your own risk. Won't be upgrading next time.

Replies or feedback welcome as this is getting tiresome.

• 10. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

@davildc,

It's not a beta release. The vast majority of us have had no problems with it.

If you need to reset your preferences multiple times, the problem is in your computer system, not in InDesign. Create a new user on your computer, and launch InDesign from there.

• 11. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                              Derek Cross Level 6

I absolutely agree with Steve – look for solutions, don't just blame Adobe for your issues.

• 12. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                                davidc39688693 Level 1

Thanks for the feedback Steve. I know it's not a Beta, maybe i should have noted the sarcasm. I've been using adobe programs for many years and CC since it was launched. Not once have i had a problem with my InDesign install. However, since the new upgrade there have been multiple issues. Creating a new user doesn't fix this issue, it simply sweeps it under the carpet, exactly the attitude we don't want.

and Derek, i am looking for solutions as i'm sure the original poster is. Hence the reason we are on the forum because Adobe support is next to non existent.

• 13. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                                  floramc Adobe Community Professional

On the forum you should see badges

and they mean these people really REALLY know what they are talking about. But they are still human - and sitting here to share their knowledge because they want to help. I know you say you are thankful but at the same time barking against adobe brings nobody nowhere.

I have spent the last two months uninstalling my applications and been very little proactive as I could not get any access to anything. Haven't been barking around. Used the customer care service on Twitter where I could and checked on the forum to find solutions. It's not adobe's fault. It's just I have a lot of programs installed and some things create conflicts. These episodes were very annoying, so I understand the frustration.

As for the online chat I posted a question to the staff today asking if it is no longer a 24/7 service and mentioning your situation when I could. I will also post a question on Twitter about it and hopefully I will get to an answer why you had no service on the weekend.

• 14. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                                    davidc39688693 Level 1

Just spoken to chat. Seems to be sales only (surprise). Still quite helpful and managed to get a Technical number for me to call,

Adobe Technical

US (maybe) - 6950071855

UK - 0207 365 0735

Hopefully this will help others.

• 15. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                                      Jeff Witchel, ACI Adobe Community Professional

If you're getting advice on this forum from an ACP or an MVP, these are in no way typical users. Most are among the top InDesign experts in the world who are answering your questions for free. Most are top InDesign consultants, Adobe Certified Experts, Adobe Certified Instructors and/or well-known InDesign authors. Nothing typical about these very nice people who are going out of there way to help others.

• 16. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                                        summertimeluv Level 1

@JeffWitchel  dude I'm getting annoyed here!!! Have you even read my comments or not??? Or you just dive in with your hunting knives???

HOW ANY TIMES have i said.. i have nothing against anyone on the forum & i have say 100 times thank you to them for their time!

Plus later on i will be doing the same...

Learn to READ! I am starting to get tired of hearing the same thing over & over again.. WTF?

Plus these people are helping.. because it makes them happy to help!

I would do the same... if i see i can help a topic ill answer... so whats the big deal here??!!!

So just step out of the discussion..

floramc - firstly I do what i WANT & say what i want, when i want, where i want!
                                        Who the hell are you to tell me to *Stop BARKING*...

and more importanly HOW DARE YOU address to me that way in the first place???

Learn to talk to me better or shut up!

I'll do pretty fine without your help!

• 17. Re: WORST customer service ever!
                                          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

This thread has devolved to the point it is no longer useful. I'm locking it.