We would like to inform you of the new API management capabilities, that the latest version of ColdFusion (2016 release) brings to your organisation. You probably are already leveraging web services within your architecture at a rapidly growing pace as other organisations are, and this new functionality would allow management of these services as APIs in a much more efficient and secure way.
Here is a quick background of the advantage that API management capabilities can provide you with.
Organisations today are unlocking the value of their data, IP and services by sharing the same with their ecosystem (customers, internal teams, partners, vendors, suppliers etc.) at a furious pace– often over mobile networks. With ColdFusion (2016 release), we now add the capability to not just build and share REST/SOAP services easily we will now allow you to manage, monitor, regulate and secure these services easily.
Our research shows, once an API is written, the next questions, that a company or organisation has to answer before making the API production ready are:
1. Who do I give access to APIs?
2. How do I control the access to these APIs? For instance how do I restrict the usage of certain APIs to a selected few? Even within an API how do I provide granular control over the methods available in an API?
3. How do I let developers wanting to use my APIs understand the APIs that I have exposed and test them out before writing applications to consume these APIs?
4. How do I monetise the APIs by creating various access plans and associating end developers to a particular plan based on their subscription?
5. How do I track the usage of APIs so that I align back-end to the demand and also gain insights to how my end developers are using the APIs?
6. How do I track and manage various versions of the APIs I create?
7. How do I transform my legacy APIs into newer RESTful services with all the best practices associated while still maintaining the usage of the legacy API?
With ColdFusion (2016 release), we have an API Manager that can accomplish all of the above and more. The best part, the REST/SOAP services can be based on any technology – ColdFusion, ASP.NET, PHP etc.
In case you are keen on this API Manager solution, we can setup a demonstration/meeting to showcase the high performing API management capabilities, that we have in ColdFusion (2016 release). The interesting aspect about this platform is that it works as a standalone component letting you use older versions of ColdFusion in production in conjunction with the new API Manager. This does not require you to upgrade your production servers to ColdFusion (2016 release). You can evaluate the same in any environment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Anit Kumar (ColdFusion Team)
Hi Anit Kumar,
Thank you for this summary and for the personal effort you make to inform us of the benefits of the API Manager. It's nice to know we can talk to you when the time comes.