8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 8:08 AM by AriEss

Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue

Amr.Hamdy Level 1

Dear All,

Please help me urgently for this issue. as I had this script before and it was lost from my PC when it's damage.

I have 2 accounts that has special instruction regarding the use of the English source text for the any Latin text that appear either in the Farsi or Arabic files.

For example if the EN text

Its translation appears like below

And as you can see all the EN text font must be identical to the source font. I may have up to 6 different English fonts to be used in the Arabic file.

What the script meant to do

1. I need a script to search for all the Latin text & numbers in the file and give it its EN font by assigning a certain character style for each font. I need to search for:

- Numbers from 0-9,

- Capital letters, ( A, B, C, etc.)

- Small letters, (a, b, c, etc.)

- $, % , ©, ®, ™

And gave them the appropriate character style that uses the right font. To do this in one of my document I need to run this search for 5 times at least to cover all the fonts used in the file.

2. Create character styles for phone numbers  to fix its direction one for the bold and the other for regular, with only LTR attribute.

3. Search for the % sign and give it RTL direction to make it in the right place after number. You may make another 2 characters styles for % (bold & regular) or just make override to the styles.

4. If you have decimals signs (. OR ,) you will add 2 search rounds for (0. 0,) & (0.-0.9).

5. To be able working in any version from CS6 and above. or at least in CC 2015

Please feel free to contact me if you need more Info.

Waiting you help guys...

• 1. Re: Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue
          Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

You are not clear if you are ever looking for a freelance to do the work or if you are looking for help in your own efforts of getting this script done.

• 2. Re: Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue
            Amr.Hamdy Level 1

Loic.Aigon

I want to help me to make this script for me, not looking for freelance to do it man, i just need help.

If I have the Exper. to make me do this thing, i will do it.

i did search queries and work with them. but i need to make this search converted to script. it will be great.

if you, other anyone else. will help me to do this, it will be great. if not. it's OK too. i can search in other Forums.

one more thing, if you did script and it's working fine, i think it will add to your record and may be you use it later too

• 3. Re: Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue
              Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

if you, other anyone else. will help me to do this, it will be great. if not. it's OK too. i can search in other Forums.

People here are more than willingful for helping fellow scripters who are having hard times to get their script working. But it implies showing some attempts. I understand scripting is hard, we all started one day. So generally you won't get anything here by just asking.

Well some people will provide code no matter what but I disagree.

I am certain you have some will to achieve this goal so start with something simple. You are used to do grep queries. Then look all over this forum for doing grep through scripting. It's probably one on four.

Then once you got starting, you won't have peace until you achieved it.

FWIW

Loic

• 4. Re: Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue
                Obi-wan Kenobi Adobe Community Professional

I totally agree with Loïc! Some people doesn't often make efforts to make some researches ...

About converting F/R to script, you could go in 2 directions: FindChangeByList or how to convert F/R code for this script, or more interesting way, how to convert F/R directly to script.

For these 2 channels, there're two scripts that chew writing! Must still be very vigilant on the result!!

That said, I don't think Loïc or another experienced writer are very sensitive to your argument [that I find incidentally a little amusing]!

• 5. Re: Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue
                  Amr.Hamdy Level 1

thanks you all for your Great effort, and i know that the developer or even the people who are like to create every second script, are wonderful.

but I already try, i didn't even know the JavaScript at all, otherwise, i was try to create code.

I already searched for my request over the net, and after about 3 weeks and reading about GREP and such things, started to create the Requirement Queries that i need to help my in my work, and decreased the Working hours from 10 to 6 Hrs.

so All i need is to create my search Queries to be run under script as i searched for something like this and found many scripts run the queries by useless for me. I can't even work on half of my queries.

I will be thankful if you try to help me here.

Again, i will say it's up to you and i need urgent help, if you want to help. it's OK, if Not.

i will try to search in other places.

thanks guys for helping me and discussion.

will waiting till End of week, may be some like to help me

• 6. Re: Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue
                    AriEss Level 1

Not sure where you're standing.

Can you do this with GREP but you want a script to automate this? Or you're not even sure about how to do it with GREP?

Ari

• 7. Re: Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue
                      Amr.Hamdy Level 1

dear Ariess,

yes, i can do it with GREP and i want to automate it if this will explain what i need in short words.

but the steps in GREP can take about 2-4 Hours. to do all the steps and repeat them for make sure that everything is clear.

and in sometimes i forget 1 step or something.

Could you please help me about that issue. if yes, i will be grateful for you.

• 8. Re: Create Script: Please help me urgently for this issue
                        AriEss Level 1

No problem. Just give me the GREP strings that you use, and I can write a script that automates that. But without knowing what you want I can't do anything.