Read this article I wrote in CreativePro.com. Especially the section "What If the CC App Doesn't Show Updates."
I have seen this article before and tried all this. I have not seen anything that explains what I'm experiencing. Even after our IT guy nuked the entire Adobe existence from the computer and I launched a new CC it still did the same thing with just InDesign not getting past 11.0.
I even installed each staff member's own CC app and installed all the CC apps ok on their Mac Pros and they have the InDesign 11.4.
It has to be something in my machine I am not deleting that Adobe can't get past.
Please follow the following workaround, this might solve the issue:
1. Use Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall all the adobe products including creative cloud application.
2. Install creative cloud application and all the desired products.
Thank you Sanyamt, I will give this a try.
Our IT department did use the cc cleaner and the only thing it did was removed the older versions of all the apps that would not get removed when installing the latest update but it still did nothing to InDesign.
We are going to try to completely scorch the entire computer and start over with a fresh Operating system install and then do absolutely nothing else but install a new CC.
I have never run into anything like this nor have I found anything on line about this issue. All the other 5 machines updated with no issues so it has to be something in this one that is in conflict.
I would try the following:
1. Switch the language to any other language in the CC App preferences.
2. Now you can install InDesign (and any other app). Do it.
3. Switch back to your primary language, either you can now install, or it is updated (depends on the language)