3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 2:16 PM by Szalam

Path / Mask point size, too thick on Retina 5k display

JasperCX

Hi everyone,

I came across a weird problem which I have never seen before. When I create a mask or shape, the vertex points and the lines of that mask are always too thick.

The path handles used to be an open box, and a selected path handle should be a filled box. However, they all seem to be filled because the lines are too thick.

For example, in the screenshot below, I the 3 points that are positioned higher than the other 4 still selected. All the boxes appear to be filled (as if selected).

This is with 'Path point and handle size' set to 5 (same with the size set to 4, which appears to be the minimum)

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 14.14.25.png

With the Path point and handle size set to 15 (which appears to be the max), the following is the result:Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 14.13.51.png

This looks like the result I'm aiming for, but these boxes are way too large.

I'm on a fresh install of After Effects (13.8.0.144) for MAC.

On an iMac (Retina 5k, 27 inch - resolution: 5120 x 2880 ).

While typing my resolution, I tested the same setup on my second screen, a 1080p monitor..

There the path appears as it is supposed to with the path point and handle size set to 5.

So the problem seems to be the resolution of my screen.. Any ideas how to fix that?