3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 10:26 AM by Rick Gerard

Can't see the light source in After Effects!

Miksa

Hello there! I've been having a problem with the lights in after effects. When I create a new light source, no matter how much I zoom out, I cannot see it and due to that I am unable to move it anywhere. I can see the light shining on my text object but I cannot see the light cone and the letter z and y and all these things which would let me move the light source somewhere else. I'd appreciate some help because I am currently working on a csgo frag movie. Thank you in advance!csgo.png

• 1. Re: Can't see the light source in After Effects!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Your 3D camera probably simply has rubbisch position values. Either very small or infinitely large. Check the numeric values and then open up an alternate view to check.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Can't see the light source in After Effects!
            Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

change the view to something else: side, top, custom

right click on the light layer and try view->look at selected layer.... there it is!

you probably would see it if you set your magnification to something very low like this:

though in custom view it is better to move the custom camera and not the magnification by selecting the track z camera tool and going back

• 3. Re: Can't see the light source in After Effects!
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure you have not hidden layer controls under the view menu. If that does not solve the problem then check the view options. It's very easy to turn off light wireframes. You'll find it in the menu that pops up under the three little lines  that make up the menu icon at the top of the composition panel.

If that doesn't help press the UK twice with all your layer selected then reset the camera position and reset the light position and any 3-D layers you have in the scene.